• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report @ the Pitt Panthers - Noon Saturday - RSN

Also Brandon Childress will have completed his eligibility. That obligation to Randolph will be complete.

Alternative scenario: This opens the door for Randolph to be let go or reassigned and Manning gets the chance to hire another of his KU buds as an assistant. In other words, Brandon's leaving doesn't necessarily lead to Manning's. How Currie frames it, who knows.

Alternative scenario: This opens the door for Randolph to be let go or reassigned and Manning gets the chance to hire another of his KU buds as an assistant. In other words, Brandon's leaving doesn't necessarily lead to Manning's. How Currie frames it, who knows.

That would be a very odd string of events at Wake. Push out one of the most revered figures in Wake Forest basketball history so a non-Wake guy can hire another non-Wake guy? Zero logic.

That would be a very odd string of events at Wake. Push out one of the most revered figures in Wake Forest basketball history so a non-Wake guy can hire another non-Wake guy? Zero logic.

What does logic have to do with it? If the money dictates we can't get rid of Manning this year, at least let him choose his own staff. The consensus here seems to be that Randolph would not be on the bench if Brandon wasn't on the floor.

What does logic have to do with it? If the money dictates we can't get rid of Manning this year, at least let him choose his own staff. The consensus here seems to be that Randolph would not be on the bench if Brandon wasn't on the floor.

That is kinda backwards. More like, it would have been a slap in the face of one of the greatest basketball Deacs to fire him just before his son's senior season at Wake. Then replace him with an non-Deac from someplace like Kansas? And maybe even a guy who played under the coach in baby blue down the road at Cheater Hill?

It's not a big factor in the decision. But I suspect it was on the table. The reported $18 million guaranteed money is the much, much bigger factor. For Currie, so was the timing. He didn't have decision making authority in 2019 until the coaching carousel was winding down. Also, it is difficult to fire a guy days after your predecessor has said he deserves another year.

Remember that Randolph Childress has been coaching at Wake longer than Danny Manning. And he started coaching before Brandon was on the team. Wake usually takes care of its own.

Wake needs to start over with basketball staff.

That is kinda backwards. More like, it would have been a slap in the face of one of the greatest basketball Deacs to fire him just before his son's senior season at Wake. Then replace him with an non-Deac from someplace like Kansas? And maybe even a guy who played under the coach in baby blue down the road at Cheater Hill?

It's not a big factor in the decision. But I suspect it was on the table. The reported $18 million guaranteed money is the much, much bigger factor. For Currie, so was the timing. He didn't have decision making authority in 2019 until the coaching carousel was winding down. Also, it is difficult to fire a guy days after your predecessor has said he deserves another year.

Remember that Randolph Childress has been coaching at Wake longer than Danny Manning. And he started coaching before Brandon was on the team. Wake usually takes care of its own.

Wake needs to start over with basketball staff.

And the results of that are? My point is that if we are not going to fire Danny, at least take away from him the excuse that coaches were forced on him. Being an assistant coach is not a tenured position or lifetime achievement award.

And the results of that are? My point is that if we are not going to fire Danny, at least take away from him the excuse that coaches were forced on him. Being an assistant coach is not a tenured position or lifetime achievement award.

I never said it was either one.

The Brandon Childress, Senior Basketball player at Wake Forest University, Randolph Childress, Assistant Head Coach, Wake Forest Basketball Team and Father of Brandon Childress situation is simply one item on my (imaginary) list titled: "Reasons Danny Manning is Head Basketball Coach at Wake Forest University for the 2019 - 2020 season." It isn't the most important reason. It won't be there for 2020-2021.

You really think firing Randolph will solve anything concerning the success of Wake basketball? Manning don't need an excuse, he has an ironclad contract

In regards to relieving Randolph, that’s dumb. He’s the best recruiter on staff. He’s got the best understanding of Wake Forest, he has playing experience here. And he’s a good coach. Also, why would Manning promote him to associate if he didn’t want him on staff after Brandon was gone? I would consider removing the associate tag after Rex got associate when he was hired (rightfully so). But that’s all. Randolph should be kept on staff. After 5 years, Danny finally has a pretty damn good staff. Walters, Childress, and Nestor are all very valuable guys who all offer something different. I’m not sure what Woodberry offers. But he’s seems active from the bench at least.

In regards to relieving Randolph, that’s dumb. He’s the best recruiter on staff. He’s got the best understanding of Wake Forest, he has playing experience here. And he’s a good coach. Also, why would Manning promote him to associate if he didn’t want him on staff after Brandon was gone? I would consider removing the associate tag after Rex got associate when he was hired (rightfully so). But that’s all. Randolph should be kept on staff. After 5 years, Danny finally has a pretty damn good staff. Walters, Childress, and Nestor are all very valuable guys who all offer something different. I’m not sure what Woodberry offers. But he’s seems active from the bench at least.

But the head of the fish stinks so the rest is moot

that was going to be my sentiments regarding RC because we have certainly not seen much improvement in the way of guard play since he has been on the bench. His own son and any of a number of other guards are nothing but turnover machines and have not figured out ball security in the least. While we all hear he is a good recruiter that is just a part of being the main guy on the staff and being one of our playing legends does not mean he has to be a coach. Some of that comes back to the asinine comments from people that said bring back Bogues and make him head coach without any experience in the college game or Josh. The best understanding most of us have about Wake Forest basketball is that for the past ten years we have been horrible

Best recruiter on staff? I think that says more about the staff because our recruiting sucks.

Back