• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- UNC - Tuesday Night 8 pm - ACCN

Cant believe there are fans who actually celebrate a win like last night. Battle for last place being celebrated. Wake Forest will not get a dime out of me til Manning is gone. LOWF to the fullest. You guys should be ashamed.

KP has the following projections:

T9 BC, GT, VPI, Clemson (8-12)
T13. Wake, Miami (6-14)
15. UNC (5-15)

FWIW, I was only projecting to after Next Wed. I'm not about to say they will survive the dook, @UNC (although after last night....) @NCSU trio that they'd have to win one of to even think about really moving to 11 or above.

Just having a 3 game ACC winning streak would be something for DM.

Cant believe there are fans who actually celebrate a win like last night. Battle for last place being celebrated. Wake Forest will not get a dime out of me til Manning is gone. LOWF to the fullest. You guys should be ashamed.

I’ve never had a day in my life that wasn’t improved by watching UNC suffer. Sorry I’m not sorry.

If a win over the last pace team changes the AD’s expectations of Manning then they weren’t going to can him anyway

I'm happy for the players to get a win, especially over a rival. Even if the rival is really down.

This is out of line. Any Wake Forest fan who doesn't celebrate a win over UNC, whether it be in basketball, football, or basket weaving, is not a Deacon at heart. This has nothing to do with LOWF or whether our coach will be back. As others have said, if one win against a last place UNC team is going to bring Manning back, then he was never going to be canned anyway.

I'm not attending games and I'm not sending Wake any money until I see a commitment to winning in basketball, exhibited by hiring a new coach. However, I will ALWAYS pull for us to win - for the players, if nothing else. I expect our AD and the powers that be to be smart enough to see the failings in the details of the coaching job being done, even as we eke out a few wins - wins that come despite the coaching, not because of it. If they are not smart enough to do so, then there was never any real hope anyway.

Celebrating or being mad we won require caring. First, I will never root for us to lose. If we somehow won out and made the NIT or something I’d watch a couple minutes. I’m not mad anymore. I stopped being mad a few years ago. Now I just truly don’t care. I’ve watched at least a couple minutes of every game if not the whole thing, but I have no problem having it on in the background, coming home during the game, or leaving to do something in the middle of it. A decade ago I planned my life around Wake BBall. I still plan my Fall around WF football. I have even when we were bad because we shouldn’t be good in football. I’m done caring about Wake b-ball. That has been fully replaced by caring about Wake baseball and I’m fine with it.

This is out of line. Any Wake Forest fan who doesn't celebrate a win over UNC, whether it be in basketball, football, or basket weaving, is not a Deacon at heart. This has nothing to do with LOWF or whether our coach will be back. As others have said, if one win against a last place UNC team is going to bring Manning back, then he was never going to be canned anyway.

I'm not attending games and I'm not sending Wake any money until I see a commitment to winning in basketball, exhibited by hiring a new coach. However, I will ALWAYS pull for us to win - for the players, if nothing else. I expect our AD and the powers that be to be smart enough to see the failings in the details of the coaching job being done, even as we eke out a few wins - wins that come despite the coaching, not because of it. If they are not smart enough to do so, then there was never any real hope anyway.

Well said.

Nobody is unreasonably celebrating beating what might be the worst team in the ACC. We're celebrating beating Carolina. Full stop.

My Deacs

Curling, cherry stem tying, holding your breath, etc. if carolina is competing I hope they get the hell beat out of them.

The worst part of the ACC network broadcast is that it was followed immediately by the "Roy Williams Show." That is a slurp fest about how great basketball is on cheater hill. Lucky I got to my clicker before I barfed.

All us Wake fans want is hope. Right now with Manning in charge there is no hope.

Optional.

The standings are scary as well. Let's just say we win @ Miami (2 road wins for DM) and vs. GT.

Bottom of the standings are:

10. Va Tech 5-8 (next Pitt and Miami) Lost 5 in a row
11. Clemson 5-8 (@ Pitt and L'ville) Lost 3 in a row
12. GT 5-8 (L'ville and @ Wake) Lost 1
13. Wake 4-10
14. Miami 3-10 (Wake and @VT) Lost 3 in a row
15. UNC 3-10 (UVA and @ND) Lost 4 in a row

We'd likely be in 11th. Anyone looking for a reason to keep DM would start to say 'see the improvement')

And this is why predicting many outcomes is a bad idea. Clemson, GT and Miami (forgot their BC game tonight) all win

And given that Miami nearly beat BC by 30, it looks like they are not going to be rolling over for Wake.

The worst part of the ACC network broadcast is that it was followed immediately by the "Roy Williams Show." That is a slurp fest about how great basketball is on cheater hill. Lucky I got to my clicker before I barfed.

Has there been any Wake programming on ACCN?

Wake programming on the ACC network? LOL. The only Wake programming I have seen are live or rebroadcast games. As soon as the Wake-UNC game concluded the network aired something about the difficulties the Heels are having this basketball season.
Immediately hit the off button. Plenty of Duke and Carolina content, just like ESPN. There was a feature on Virginia's BB championship last year. Honestly, I gave up on the network except for live games. Too much blue.

Back