• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs Soccer Last Night

meandmyuncleDeac

Reaction score
Lost to N.C. State, and finished 9th in the conference. Not even getting into the ACC Tournament. Sounding not so historically competitive.

Wow. They were one of our few successful programs last season.

They did lose their top two players to injuries.

Could be wrong, but I think that 64 schools make the NCAA women's soccer tourney (only 48 make the men's tourney) and if correct, the WF women may receive a bid despite not making the ACC tournament.

Tough loss. It was the first time Wake has lost to NC State in their last 16 meetings (going back to 1998). NC State has a new head coach this year, and he was previously an assistant at Wake for the past 5 years.

Wake is ranked #15 in the RPI. That will drop some after the loss to State, but I think Wake should still make the tourney.

Losing two really good players is tough. Hopefully they still make the NCAAs

I think I read somewhere that we should get in with our RPI. When you lose two of the best players in your program's history to injury, it's tough to continue winning at the level you expect/want, but by all means, folks, continue with ignorant quips.

Tough loss. It was the first time Wake has lost to NC State in their last 16 meetings (going back to 1998). NC State has a new head coach this year, and he was previously an assistant at Wake for the past 5 years.

Wake is ranked #15 in the RPI. That will drop some after the loss to State, but I think Wake should still make the tourney.

Think we ended up at 22 in RPI. The ACC is ridiculously stacked.

Injuries are the reason this team didn't make the ACC. Did you see their record before they lost Stengel? C'mon now.

The OP, ostensibly. Soccer isn't really a good way to attack our AD right now.

Good call. Also, it is pretty funny that we are ninth in the conference, and fifteenth in the country. The ACC is so good at Soccer.

Anybody who criticizes this year's women's soccer team has no idea what they're talking about. Top 5 in the nation earlier in the year, injury riddled season, tough conference and still going to make the tournament. I doubt a deep run is made, but this has been a rough year for the ladies.

I don't think anybody has mentioned this yet, but I've heard rumors that the team suffered a minor injury or two this season. I'll try to confirm later.

da Luz has been to the NCAA tourney every year he has been at Wake. Wake's AD has many problems, but women's soccer isn't one of them. Even if we miss the NCAA this year.

Back