• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Laffs on our sideline

fbmanagerdeac

Reaction score
Good friend who played college football and has seats behind the CU visitor's bench (I sat there two years ago and there's a great view of the bench) called me and noted two observations: 1): Tanner pouted and stayed away from the offense conferences after being benched and 2): As the debacle was underway our bench was joking and laughing. In my very humble opinion we're done. Oh well there's always basketb....oh well I'm on suicide watch till mid March.

Tanner didn't really play terribly yesterday, 14-22 and a TD with no interceptions. I thought the touchdown drive was a pretty solid job by Tanner.

I guess we just figured we'd get some younger guys some experience in the second half.

2): As the debacle was underway our bench was joking and laughing. In my very humble opinion we're done. Oh well there's always basketb....oh well I'm on suicide watch till mid March.

Didn't we have this problem last year too?

But yeah we're done. Our coaches set a record for losing the team as early as possible.

Tanner didn't really play terribly yesterday, 14-22 and a TD with no interceptions. I thought the touchdown drive was a pretty solid job by Tanner.

I guess we just figured we'd get some younger guys some experience in the second half.

You only do this when the season is over (hardly before it started)... We have supposedly important rotation players that still need some experience!

Fast forward this vid to 1:44. When Stan asks Grobe about Clemson Grobe starts laughing. I think he was already figuring this game wasn't gonna be pretty.

Welp, if they're laughing when we're down by 40 points, I'm sure they won't mind an aerial banner flying above the stadium for an hour, amirite?

"My biggest disappointment today was how poorly we played fundamentally,” Grobe said. “We did some things today that nobody gets coached to do. And part of it is when the momentum switches and the crowd gets going and the kids quit thinking, they don’t play very good fundamental football.
"There's nothing to see here. All is well". Our players may not be top-tier but coach: Take off the headset, interact with the players (at the least...they do respond to that) and again become a football COACH. And as the CEO, cut some coaches loose; ie; demote. You head a multi million dollar enterprise. Don't close your career as the WF equivalent of the 'New Coke' CEO.

Welp, if they're laughing when we're down by 40 points, I'm sure they won't mind an aerial banner flying above the stadium for an hour, amirite?
You are right. My friend sez the chortles were late, when it's over, when the team in my opinion should have been pissed, highly. Again, we're done. If players don't give a shit and know the staff from the head up have no clue, well....But for me always: Go Deacs.

This. Can't wait to see Josh Harris's Twitter after that one.

This. Can't wait to see Josh Harris's Twitter after that one.
I mean, he does like tweeting 10 minutes before kickoff (#FOCUS), so we may not even have to wait until after the game to get some reaction from Josh. I'm looking forward to it too.

Who was laughing starters or other players, upper class men or frosh? Kris Redding sounded nothing but pissed on the radio after the game. When you've got 70 some bodies dressed you're going to find some guys cuttin up no matter the score. We've got much bigger issues than some guys laughing on the sidelines.

You don't think the bigger issues are connected to the smaller ones?

I do but I promise you can look at every team and find a few guys laughing or not being serious when you've got that many players dressing. We've got enough real issues without making up non issues.

I do but I promise you can look at every team and find a few guys laughing or not being serious when you've got that many players dressing. We've got enough real issues without making up non issues.

Dude, you don't laugh when you get pounded 21-0 and 28-0 in two halves. I'm sorry. I see these as the same thing. Our staff lacks leadership and our players lack focus. I don't care if every team has a few guys laughing, a team as pitiful as ours should not. If you want to know what bad culture is, then THAT'S bad culture.

We've got much bigger issues than some guys laughing on the sidelines.
Agreed. And it implies that our coaches are unaware/oblivious. And that is the biggest issue. Players laughing is a symptom...the disease is more widespread. Multi Million

Dude, you don't laugh when you get pounded 21-0 and 28-0 in two halves. I'm sorry. I see these as the same thing. Our staff lacks leadership and our players lack focus. I don't care if every team has a few guys laughing, a team as pitiful as ours should not. If you want to know what bad culture is, then THAT'S bad culture.

I'm just not going to get all upset over a nonissue like this one. I focus on the poor coaching and poor recruiting than some players that are probably scrubs anyway having some laughs on the sideline. Like I said if Redding was anyway representative of the players that matter, they were plenty pissed.

If they're freshmen that are laughing... those guys are eventually going to become upperclassmen. At what point do they flip the switch and care?

And even if they are scrubs/underclassmen, laughing is indicative of a lack if player leadership. You think decent upperclass leadership would stand for that?

It's not the nonissue you seem bent on making it. As others have said, in isolation it wouldn't be a big deal, but we are where we are, and it's a symptom if a bigger issue.

I'm just not going to get all upset over a nonissue like this one. I focus on the poor coaching and poor recruiting than some players that are probably scrubs anyway having some laughs on the sideline. Like I said if Redding was anyway representative of the players that matter, they were plenty pissed.
Well, that's one pissed. I've broadcast on radio bout 130 high school fb games in the last 12 years. And even high school coaches are aware of and don't tolerate laughing when getting is brains beat in. I love what JG did...DID. My family had a blast in 06. There comes a time.

If they're freshmen that are laughing... those guys are eventually going to become upperclassmen. At what point do they flip the switch and care?

And even if they are scrubs/underclassmen, laughing is indicative of a lack if player leadership. You think decent upperclass leadership would stand for that?

It's not the nonissue you seem bent on making it. As others have said, in isolation it wouldn't be a big deal, but we are where we are, and it's a symptom if a bigger issue.

Normally this might be an issue. I think his point is that within our program this is not THE issue, or even top 10. We had absolutely zero chance at winning or being competitive in this game. The fans, coaches, and players all knew that. The idea that our players being pissed about being pounded in the ass is somehow better than not being pissed is just a silly expectation. Until we have a new AD and new coaching staffs in basketball and football, no one is going to take our games seriously: fans, opposition, coaches, commentators, AND PLAYERS.

Back