• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LAPD testing knife found on OJ Simpson's former property

Apparently the knife was initially handed to a traffic cop who just kept it as a memento in his home for years.

What a moron.

The cop kept it and was going to frame it in his house so it could be displayed.

50443873.jpg

Apart from double jeopardy, even if the cop had immediately taken it to LAPD, there would be serious chain of custody issues.

Lawyer types - Does this open the cop up for civil litigation from the Goldman family?

Lawyer types - Does this open the cop up for civil litigation from the Goldman family?

The non-lawyer in me says no. The knife wasn't found until after both his criminal and civil trials were concluded.

But then I always come back to, if the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

One big issue is that there is technically an open murder investigation for Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown. So this guy was potentially withholding evidence.

I don't think so. I can't see how they suffered any cognizable injury from his non-conviction

Back