• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Late game collapses

Wow. That's revolutionary. You should be a coach!!

I don't remember the offense being in poor position, I remember Bryant way outside the three point line looking like he was about to run something then jacking a three. But Manning!!

apparently you needed some insight, since you felt the need to mention that Manning, himself, could not call a timeout when everyone knows he can absolutely get a timeout called in that situation

there was actually less than one minute remaining, we trailed by two possessions against a very good free throw shooting team which had 3 reliable guards on the floor, and the team stood around for ~10 seconds while Crawford dribbled 35 feet from the basket

it is unfortunate that in that situation the players needed the coaching required to start a play, but that's where we are

apparently you needed some insight, since you felt the need to mention that Manning, himself, could not call a timeout when everyone knows he can absolutely get a timeout called in that situation

there was actually less than one minute remaining, we trailed by two possessions against a very good free throw shooting team which had 3 reliable guards on the floor, and the team stood around for ~10 seconds while Crawford dribbled 35 feet from the basket

it is unfortunate that in that situation the players needed the coaching required to start a play, but that's where we are

Don't need any insight, I'm well aware but thank you for the concern. He said DM needed to call a timeout and I pointed out a rule. If all of you weren't so sensitive every time something gets posted remotely defending Manning (which it wasn't even defending, it's just saying what an actual rule is) then you could just read it for what it is.

Yes, there was about 45 seconds left IIRC and it looked as though we were about to run our usual offensive set until the crowd started making noise like we needed to rush a shot for some reason and Bryant reacted. With a terrible shot.

Don't need any insight, I'm well aware but thank you for the concern. He said DM needed to call a timeout and I pointed out a rule. If all of you weren't so sensitive every time something gets posted remotely defending Manning (which it wasn't even defending, it's just saying what an actual rule is) then you could just read it for what it is.

Yes, there was about 45 seconds left IIRC and it looked as though we were about to run our usual offensive set until the crowd started making noise like we needed to rush a shot for some reason and Bryant reacted. With a terrible shot.

Sounds like BC is well coached

CharlotteDeac getting super annoying.

Lol I'm sorry for having a different opinion than the sky-is-falling, MFF crowd. Must be super annoying. What's super annoying for me is how depressing all of you are outside maybe 3-4 posters. It's really sad actually. Depressed enough to get in your feelings about every post that defends Manning even though it actually makes a lot of sense objectively. What can I say? All you miserable people must bring out the worst in me, as you bring out the worst in each other. It's a group-think bubble of woe is me. I'm glad the Wake fans I meet in person aren't like most of you.

That being said, I'm out. It's frustrating telling you people the truth and either getting blasted for it or y'all getting so upset you just spit nonsense. Have fun enabling each other's ridiculous takes and depressing atmosphere.

Its ashamed that people cant come in here and offer support for Danny and the staff without be ridiculed.

Lol I'm sorry for having a different opinion than the sky-is-falling, MFF crowd. Must be super annoying. What's super annoying for me is how depressing all of you are outside maybe 3-4 posters. It's really sad actually. Depressed enough to get in your feelings about every post that defends Manning even though it actually makes a lot of sense objectively. What can I say? All you miserable people must bring out the worst in me, as you bring out the worst in each other. It's a group-think bubble of woe is me. I'm glad the Wake fans I meet in person aren't like most of you.

That being said, I'm out. It's frustrating telling you people the truth and either getting blasted for it or y'all getting so upset you just spit nonsense. Have fun enabling each other's ridiculous takes and depressing atmosphere.

Illigitibus non carborundum.

This is what is super annoying, Charlotte Deac makes a bunch of well reasoned fact based posts and then gets shit on by the "feelings" crowd. CharlotteDeac is hands down one of the best sports posters, you guys are just a delusional, miserable fanbase that has the group think personality/maturity of a twelve year old girl.

This is what is super annoying, Charlotte Deac makes a bunch of well reasoned fact based posts and then gets shit on by the "feelings" crowd. CharlotteDeac is hands down one of the best sports posters, you guys are just a delusional, miserable fanbase that has the group think personality/maturity of a twelve year old girl.

Don't insult twelve year old girls by equating their maturity with that of some on this message board.

Wow. That's revolutionary. You should be a coach!!

I don't remember the offense being in poor position, I remember Bryant way outside the three point line looking like he was about to run something then jacking a three. But Manning!!

Manning could and should have gotten a TO called during that possession. And an experienced player with any ability to handle pressure should not have thrown up such a prayer with so much time left on the clock. But this is the pattern for late game play under DM and by BC.

Why would DM call a timeout in that situation? He has no idea what to tell them. Just let HotDog jack up a 27 footer. Doesn't matter how bad he plays, how many turnovers he commits, how many bad shots he takes, how many stupid fouls he commits or how many wide open threes he gives up on defense, he isn't coming out of the game. What kind of message do you think that sends to the rest of the team when there aren't any consequences for some players?

Back