• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest MTOW - Ron says the right stuff re: football

So the biggest change was Jim leading workouts with the seniors? Not impressed.

I mean it could be worse but I don't consider that the right stuff. Maybe behind closed doors the staff got some heat but I will flat out say the injury excuse was overrated. Even if chase and heartsill were healthy the entire year that line was going to suck. Our defense took a step back because of coaching. When us the staff going to be doing morning remedial coaching class? Their idea is to blame injuries, the players, and especially Tanner. Bunch of mularkey.

So is Lobo getting fired or not? If he isn't there's no point in buying season tickets.

Is there a sarcastic emoticon for wiping sweat off my brow in relief?

I'm concerned about the player comments and actions. Also, the rumors about the S&C actions. Plus, from some article, Grobe mentioning that maybe some were more concerned with being AA or some individual things like that. Pleased, but surprised, that we have gotten some good commits since this came out. I'd say a number of things need to improve quickly.

All fair points. I was encouraged because he states he wants to win and compete for ships. Also that the last 4 seasons are not what he expects. He wants us to go to bowl games and be relevant. What he didn't say was "this is Wake and we want to go to bowls every 5 years". I was encouraged. My personal take on it.

I mean it could be worse but I don't consider that the right stuff. Maybe behind closed doors the staff got some heat but I will flat out say the injury excuse was overrated. Even if chase and heartsill were healthy the entire year that line was going to suck. Our defense took a step back because of coaching. When us the staff going to be doing morning remedial coaching class? Their idea is to blame injuries, the players, and especially Tanner. Bunch of mularkey.

We didn't play well by any means but I do believe injuries played a major factor in our record this season. Wake Forest can not be competitive with eight serviceable linemen, several out of position. We brought it on ourselves though and that needs to get fixed.

More excuses from Wellman. I can't say that I'm stunned. I was glad to say he has championship expectations, but I was not impressed by the 'changes' that took place. If the biggest changes are 6 a.m. workouts, then that's not going to get it done.

This is embarrassingly laughable. We've now righted the program because the head coach is leading workouts?

Comical and embarrassing.

This is embarrassingly laughable. We've now righted the program because the head coach is leading workouts?

Not just leading any workouts. But 6 am workouts. I picture Grobe in a sweatshirt with a donut in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other.

Comical and embarrassing.

God I can imagine how amped and pumped up the players get when big Jim Grobe, National superstar and acclaimed motivational speaker walks into the door of that gym. What a powerful and emotional guy. Just what you need to get excited and ready to roll. If it's anything like his skills and energy on the sidelines on game day I bet those players are lifting with the energy Ray Lewis has right before he murders someone. I doubt they even need music or anything. Jim 'the animal' grobe at his best.

Serious question though. Do you think he has lobo bring in some artificial turf into the gym for grobe to kneel down and pick at while he ignites those players into fire breathing beasts..?

2lsd4bt.jpg
[/IMG]

These answers taken with the ones JG gave don't give me a lot of confidence that significant changes are going to be made. We have not just had 1 year of disappointment but 4 years of mediocrity and underperformance starting with Riley's senior season. We have no identity, no clear direction, and not enough talent. That is all coaching not injuries or excuses.

IMO, Recruiting has improved since 2006. No, we havent hit many home runs, but average ranking has improved. Unfortunately, Grobe does not have the skill set to adapt to changing players, schemes and coaches. Hes not a mastermind who can dig in after a long season and make the tough changes. Grobes a great person, nice guy, but hes not going to drastically improve the program.

Back