• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Law Practice Software: Solo and Small Firm Attorneys

Brangus

Reaction score
Opening my own shop and I'm curious as to fellow small-law attorneys' opinions on cloud based law practice software. It seems as though Clio, MyCase and Rocket Matter are the favorites. I have a demo set for Clio on Thursday.

Any thoughts? Also just general advice from solos regarding things they wish they had known when getting started would be helpful.

Last edited:
Where is your practice? What legal area(s)?

Brangus, I can't speak to practice management software, but you might consider a subscription to Practical Law instead of Westlaw unless you're doing a lot of brief-writing. I am kind of a solo as an in-house lawyer and I use Practical Law as my form bank and go-to initial research stop for most things. I am 100% business and 0% litigation, so Westlaw might be more necessary for you if you're a litigator.

Back