• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lawyer recommendation Lake Norman area

DrG41

Reaction score
Mrs. Dr. and I are in need of an attorney to litigate in an auto accident with a uninsured motorist. We have no idea where to start and would prefer to deal with a Wake grad.

Suggestions/thoughts/prayers?

I used to be a courier for blanco tackabery. I believe they have a lake Norman office.

www.btcmlaw.com

A bunch of lawyers left after I quit so I'm not sure who is there.

Do you have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy? Just a property damage claim, or is there an injury claim as well?

No injury. We did have UIM on our policy, but for some reason we did not have rental coverage included. Need to recover expenses and "mental anguish" if possible.

Without a physical injury, you're going to have a really, really hard time recovering anything for "mental anguish." Probably isn't going to happen.

There is a difference between "uninsured" motorist coverage and "under-insured" motorist coverage, so make sure you know exactly what your policy covers.

It's unlikely any lawyer is going to take an accident case with only property damage. There's really no way for the lawyer to make any money without physical injury. Just do the best you can with the insurance company and move on.

Back