• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LB Marquel Lee

What are his pro prospects? Definitely passes the #eyetest.

Lee's got the size (6-3 240), and the instincts. He is still 20 (turns 21 next week) and a senior. Just kills me that Grobe failed to redshirt him in 2013 (he was 17 when that season started) so he could make a handful of special teams tackles. Would benefit both Lee and the program if he could return next year.

Lee's got the size (6-3 240), and the instincts. He is still 20 (turns 21 next week) and a senior. Just kills me that Grobe failed to redshirt him in 2013 (he was 17 when that season started) so he could make a handful of special teams tackles. Would benefit both Lee and the program if he could return next year.

Does he better translate as a strong safety at the next level or is speed an issue there?

Lee is most likely too slow to be a draft pick at MLB/ILB. His best bet is to make a practice squad like Chubb did last year.

Doesn't change the fact that he is playing his ass off for Wake.

He absolutely dominated the action Saturday night and was clearly the best player on the field. Huge number of tackles and TFL's. Has really stepped up his play this year with Chubb gone.

It was interesting seeing Brandon's brother as the DL player of the week for NC State, I think the rumor on this board was that Grobe never got to see him on his visit. The genes for football in that family are tremendous.

If Grobe was still local I was going to ask him about the Cleveland TA5 gunmetal irons that I just picked up and his opinion of them. ;)

That was my meaning, still hard for me to rip on Grobe given that he took us where I never thought we would go.

In all fairness, Grobe recruited Ejiofor, Lee, and Watson, our 3 best defensive players. I think you can talk about a lot of other factors with Grobe, but defensive recruiting is not one of them. The talent inherited was good from day one. Offense is a whole other story. I am concerned about the defense next year. Lots of holes to fill with a more difficult schedule.

In all fairness, Grobe recruited Ejiofor, Lee, and Watson, our 3 best defensive players. I think you can talk about a lot of other factors with Grobe, but defensive recruiting is not one of them. The talent inherited was good from day one. Offense is a whole other story. I am concerned about the defense next year. Lots of holes to fill with a more difficult schedule.

Fair statement.

That may be true, but if we had Chubb lined up opposite of Ejiofor, we are probably a top 25 team.

Congrats to Marquel Lee for a well deserved honor. His stat sheet last weekend, particularly the tackles for loss, might be a career for a lot of players.

That may be true, but if we had Chubb lined up opposite of Ejiofor, we are probably a top 25 team.

Is it a confirmed fact that Grobe didn't meet with Bradley Chubb because he was playing golf or is that one of those rumors somebody heard and it somehow became fact?

My recollection is that someone on the board was there or nearby with the Chubbs and they were waiting for Coach to come and he did not and others said he was on the course at the time. That is a while back and I'm sure others here will recall better than I.

Back