• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Le Tour de France (NWT)

Wish Sagan would ride in the white jersey so I could pick him out when he's with his teammates

Did you catch Sagan at the finish line yesterday? He was riding a wheelie....UPHILL....as he crossed the line. He's badass....

can we all just take a moment to understand and appreciate how fucking hard it is to ride an 18% grade? not even race an 18% grade - just physically move yourself up that steep of an incline.
as others have mentioned the speed, hearing the numbers and the watts these guys are pumping out is mind-blowing. personally i feel like i have been hearing them drop the speed of the peloton fairly frequently, but even still- i'd say the average cruiser of a rider is somewhere around 11-13mph. i train/race, and bust my ass to hold ~22-23mph for 5 miles. they're holding upwards of 30mph for HOURS. it's absurd.

Science is amazing. Natural ability + modern medicine + hard work = incredible performance

lol, i tried to do a wheelie today during a calm part of my commute.

let's just say it didn't work.

Lol. Hope you didn't wipe out.

I cheer for anyone on Team Garmin so I am very disappointed in the tour Talansky had. He showed a lot of heart today though to finish the stage all by himself.

No, thankfully. Close, though.

Have you read Phil Gaimon's book? It's pretty hilarious, I recommend it (if you like things about cycling).

also - if anyone is interested in sponsoring the WFU Cycling team, let me know - I can hook you up with the people to talk to.

also - if anyone is interested in sponsoring the WFU Cycling team, let me know - I can hook you up with the people to talk to.

I might be interested in a jersey if you could find one.

Not a ton. Sometimes if someone is squirrely or dangerous they'll hear it.

this. unless you're being dangerous, straight-up shit-talking is pretty minimal. you never know who you'll have to ride with in the future, whose good word you'll need for a spot on a team, etc - you get places by riding consistently and doing work. nobody likes a bitch.

Couple days late on this, but stage 15 - heart breaker. I know it's all part of it, but Jack Bauer got me a little sad. Hate that for him.
That's all.

Just loved how Phil tried to make this into an 'epic' race. Unfortunately most of the drama was focused early on Froome, Contador and Cav crashing out. There was just nobody in the pellton to challenge Nibali. The karma for Team Sky around this race was amazing. Bring Wiggins and this might have been a bit more exciting (hindsight of course).

Did anyone watch the 30 for 30 last week, "Slaying the Badger" about Greg LeMond and Bernard Hinault? Really enjoyed it.

Did anyone watch the 30 for 30 last week, "Slaying the Badger" about Greg LeMond and Bernard Hinault? Really enjoyed it.

Yes. Very cool. Wish they would have discussed the strategy more behind bike racing, but otherwise it was really enjoyable. Looking forward to one on Lance Armstrong at some point.

thank you for reminding me about the 30 for 30 - need to catch up on that.

agreed that it was a pretty lackluster tour once the other big contenders were out. That Nibali was uncontested for so much of the race makes it "boring" to an extent, but there were still some pretty incredible performances and stories within the tour. For example- Tony Martin's time trial was blistering fast, like, absurdly so. Andrew Talansky finishing out the stage on his own, Tejay Van Garderen showing that one stage can make all the difference in the world, etc.

PLUS - did any of yall catch La Course, the women's race yesterday? I feel personally connected to that one, as my friend Kathryn was the big voice ("rabble rouser" as she says) to get that going. Really cool to see a lot of effort and passion come together in a really, really exciting way. Marianne Vos is a freaking BEAST.

anyway, good times with bikes.

oh hey, internet - anyone else watching this year?

Back