• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lectro - Time to test the oracle

I have no doubts regarding the intensity of Nikita or Joey. However, we simply have not been hitting as hard as with Abbate or Ghee or Arnoux or Curry or Gattis or Tucker. We need more brutality (in the football sense of the word).

I actually think I'd be more amiable toward Lectro if I had even a modicum of confidence that he knew that much about the college football landscape. Endless sunshine is fun for the jamesda3 crowd out there, but if the old board had a search function I think we'd find ol' Lec was wrong more often than he was right. And if that's the case, how can I get excited about his drivel? Or, for that matter, put up with his constant stream of "mofuggies" and the like aimed out some of the best fans we have?

All I think is that saying we suck before taking a snap this year is not right. Would all the people here that think we are going to suck this year go and tell the kids or Grobe that. I just prefer to keep positive until proven otherwise. That doesn't make me not one of the best fan's.

All I think is that saying we suck before taking a snap this year is not right. Would all the people here that think we are going to suck this year go and tell the kids or Grobe that. I just prefer to keep positive until proven otherwise. That doesn't make me not one of the best fan's.

I understand where you're coming from, but what you're basically saying is that no one should prognosticate, unless they're blowing sunshine up our asses. No one's saying we do suck, just that we think we will suck. Big difference.

I have no doubts regarding the intensity of Nikita or Joey. However, we simply have not been hitting as hard as with Abbate or Ghee or Arnoux or Curry or Gattis or Tucker. We need more brutality (in the football sense of the word).

I don't know about that... We certainly have guys who ain't done it yet but Ghee did not standout until his Sr season and he's certainly not more physical than Chyl Quarles. Justin Jackson enjoys contact and is a much more offensive minded defensive player than the steady and Johnny on the spot Arnoux. Abbate brought an overall attitude of toughness that resonated across the team but that's what I believe Nikita Whitlock brings today...just a real toughness but much more in your face than Abbate. Curry is a special animal but that does not mean you can't fill in that gap with players known for their aggressive play like Duran Lowe, Joey E., Mike Olson and the exceptional athleticism of Zachary Allen ( you need to start thinking "Bruce Carter" with that guy-- if you scout NFL). I keep repeating these names
because they've already produced -- a guy like Olson did not even get half the snaps and still had 40 tackles as a freshman... Not everybody is Luke Kuechly, eh? But Mike is a guy who you'd not be surprised to see rack up close to 100 tackles if he played the bulk of snaps every game...good instincts too, he's always around the ball at whatever level he's played at. He's a legit electronic 4.75 guy ( translates to 4.6 in the college ranks) and also has a camp measured vertical of an astounding 37" for a kid his size. Long time H.C. Mickey Thompson took a "parting shot" at Mike when he said plainly: "Mike Olson is a freak".

Anyway, I believe we have a lot of as "yet seen with a little age" type of football talent.

Last edited:
We're going bowling you fuggin' bandwagon idgits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13-0, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see Justin having a great pre-season camp... These guys will help us win those close games Grobe is so famous for getting us into.

Get ready for some 4th qtr palpitations!

Back