• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lectro was RIGHT--post1626--(climate related)

Again what is the harm in erring on the green technology side? Why not start developing alternative fuel sources? I mean you realize fossil fuels are a finite resource right? What is the plan for when the oil dries up?

I guess that if the earth is truly about to hit a global cooling period due to solar activity then we should be looking for anyway possible to retain heat. It is also entirely possible that we might be on the verge of the next ice age given the average times between cooling events.

Global cooling is far more dangerous to humanity compared to global warming. 20 feet sea level rise vs the entire first world under a mile of ice.

Although there is no indicators that this is happening, so we should just error on the side of not being a terrible species and stop polluting the earth.

Last edited:
Again what is the harm in erring on the green technology side? Why not start developing alternative fuel sources? I mean you realize fossil fuels are a finite resource right? What is the plan for when the oil dries up?

You can ask this question from multiple angles, but essentially it comes down to what's the risk of not doing anything and what the risk of doing something in response to climate change. Sure uncertainty present, but those uncertainties probably don't even matter if you if you think about the risks vs the rewards of the alternative management strategies. It is so typical of politicians and their partners to exploit irrelevant uncertainties in science for financial and political gain.

Maybe you should think again. Germany may not be the best poster child for switching to renewables and reducing carbon footprint.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesc...asing-germanys-carbon-emissions/#653a763768e1

I didn't say countries reducing carbon footprint, I said switching their electricity grid from fossil fuels to renewables. There are a lot of other sources of carbon emissions, like vehicles and industrial processes. Furthermore, as the article points out, demand has gone up and coal has also grown. Renewables have grown a lot, however, and it has not negatively affected their economy

I guess that if the earth is truly about to hit a global cooling period due to solar activity then we should be looking for anyway possible to retain heat. It is also entirely possible that we might be on the verge of the next ice age given the average times between cooling events.

Global cooling is far more dangerous to humanity compared to global warming. 20 feet sea level rise vs the entire first world under a mile of ice.

Although there is no indicators that this is happening, so we should just error on the side of not being a terrible species and stop polluting the earth.

None of this undermines that it’s a good idea to develop and spread use of alternative energy sources.

I didn't say countries reducing carbon footprint, I said switching their electricity grid from fossil fuels to renewables. There are a lot of other sources of carbon emissions, like vehicles and industrial processes. Furthermore, as the article points out, demand has gone up and coal has also grown. Renewables have grown a lot, however, and it has not negatively affected their economy

Yea! How bout ‘White Supremicist’ Boonboybaseball.. let me paraphrase our short-sighted shortstop — “Fuck Africa! Africa can be the incubator of all our deep green fantasies..the proving ground for our landmark achievements in technology!”

— yea right..with a purple operator and a fifty cent hand.. It goes without saying that Africans will never benefit in any real way from “green” or “energy”.. but Fukkit!! It’s Progress..and with progress comes Apartheid.

Green Jimmie chimes in: “If you want progress,Billy,then Gawd Dammit we have to jettison (abort?) some populations in order to achieve the dream - we can’t make this omelette without breaking some eggs don’t ya know..”

And here comes Defendants..Mr. and Mrs. “Black Africa” speaking via your boy Lectro who interprets Mrs and Mr Africa’s response to Western Progs and Profs thusly : “Really!? for a 1.4 degree F increase over 120 years..a number well-within any reasonable interpretation of natural variability..for this!? So,you have determined that Africa and Africans must remain in physiological and technological Cold and Darkness..You are truly THE legacy of The Colonialists..

Unfortunately we will have to wait for the historians of the future..they will pick up the record of this colonialist progessive movement and record what the ‘better,future angels of our nature’ were unable to see in their own time.

This is crazy talk.

We see sea level rising. If it rises a foot or two, hundreds of millions of people will be immediately impacted.

There is NO evidence of the cooling red herring. Why do you do this?

And you, Captain Ass-Wipe-Brow,prefer Africans burn their own shit for fuel.

Yea! How bout ‘White Supremicist’ Boonboybaseball.. let me paraphrase our short-sighted shortstop — “Fuck Africa! Africa can be the incubator of all our deep green fantasies..the proving ground for our landmark achievements in technology!”

— yea right..with a purple operator and a fifty cent hand.. It goes without saying that Africans will never benefit in any real way from “green” or “energy”.. but Fukkit!! It’s Progress..and with progress comes Apartheid.

Green Jimmie chimes in: “If you want progress,Billy,then Gawd Dammit we have to jettison (abort?) some populations in order to achieve the dream - we can’t make this omelette without breaking some eggs don’t ya know..”

And here comes Defendants..Mr. and Mrs. “Black Africa” speaking via your boy Lectro who interprets Mrs and Mr Africa’s response to Western Progs and Profs thusly : “Really!? for a 1.4 degree F increase over 120 years..a number well-within any reasonable interpretation of natural variability..for this!? So,you have determined that Africa and Africans must remain in physiological and technological Cold and Darkness..You are truly THE legacy of The Colonialists..

Unfortunately we will have to wait for the historians of the future..they will pick up the record of this colonialist progessive movement and record what the ‘better,future angels of our nature’ were unable to see in their own time.

Wind and solar are the cheapest forms of energy in South Africa, and provides electricity to a number of isolated villages that otherwise aren't connected to coal plants on the grid.

You sure jumped to a lot of interesting conclusions about me in this post. How many chain emails do you forward per day?

This is crazy talk.

We see sea level rising. If it rises a foot or two, hundreds of millions of people will be immediately impacted.

In my post i literally said there is no evidence of this happening currently. All I said was that in theory it's possible. All indicators are showing we are looking at a detrimental heating, and we should take precautions.

There is evidence that the earth goes through cooling stages every 10-12 thousand years. We are in a historically long warming period in earths history right now. Its possible that winter is coming.

Wind and solar are the cheapest forms of energy in South Africa, and provides electricity to a number of isolated villages that otherwise aren't connected to coal plants on the grid.

You sure jumped to a lot of interesting conclusions about me in this post. How many chain emails do you forward per day?

I hope he doesn't forward the next one.

This is crazy talk.

Bullshit. Svensmark and Christiansen’s Theiry and subsequent experiments at CERN (after a 13 year delay) conclusively proved the role of cosmic rays and the solar-seeding of clouds. The experiments proved the ket role Cosmic Rays have in determining climate on earth.

As for your politics: you are a Neo-Colonialist proponent of Technological Apartheid which sentences Africa to permanent 3rd World status. And the song remains the same as the Chorus of the Haves harmonize over a discordant tune with “wait,it’ll get better in time..just a little further down the road”. — thanks to Howlin’ Wolfe for the variation on a theme..

Bullshit. Svensmark and Christiansen’s Theiry and subsequent experiments at CERN (after a 13 year delay) conclusively proved the role of cosmic rays and the solar-seeding of clouds. The experiments proved the ket role Cosmic Rays have in determining climate on earth.

As for your politics: you are a Neo-Colonialist proponent of Technological Apartheid which sentences Africa to permanent 3rd World status. And the song remains the same as the Chorus of the Haves harmonize over a discordant tune with “wait,it’ll get better in time..just a little further down the road”. — thanks to Howlin’ Wolfe for the variation on a theme..

Well then Africa could just use the green energy tech once it’s been developed and scaled and bypass the centuries of dirty fossil fuel consumption phase the West had to go through.

Or we could continue on our current path and burn oil until it’s extremely scarce, in which case only the richest nations could afford it thereby sentencing Africa to permanent third world status, as you so crudely put it.

lectro dredges up discredited fringe scientist as sole argument against collective body of human knowledge

Lectro is what happens when a cockroach becomes sentient and tries to blend in with human society.

How do you come to that conclusion..is it bacause Africa (as a whole) has been hindered in their oil,natural gas exploration and distribution of said product? Gee, I’m no economist but I can imagine near innumerable ways to get a population to comply via an edict purportedly for “the best for all” — Bernard De Mandeville “Fable of the Bees”

You are depending on laws,provisions,and prohibitions which are placed on one technology in favor of another. Yet you still refuse to reflect these arbitrary constraints in the pricing model.

You know good and well the cost of “renewable” — either you are lying or you are complicit.. Ignorance is no longer an excuse . Either way,you are championing a lie.

Lectro is what happens when a cockroach becomes sentient and tries to blend in with human society.

1f7b7d0cbac97d2d5825fb3e8a7c88d2.jpg

In my post i literally said there is no evidence of this happening currently. All I said was that in theory it's possible. All indicators are showing we are looking at a detrimental heating, and we should take precautions.

There is evidence that the earth goes through cooling stages every 10-12 thousand years. We are in a historically long warming period in earths history right now. Its possible that winter is coming.

We are pumping gases into the atmosphere they react with the natural order. It will have reactions that have never happened because of this. There are studies upon studies of the polar ice caps that show how we are melting them due to our emissions and waste.

It's also theoretically possible that my 5'10, 16 yo grand nephew could pull an Anthony Davis and grow 10" before next year and while doing that my grand nephew discovers he has a 44" vertical. Although it's possible, it has as much chance as your "possibility".

Last edited:
Back