• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lectro was RIGHT--post1626--(climate related)

Does two years of cooling undo ~30 years of warming? Is there enough glacier regrowth happening to undo decades of shrinking and is it happen worldwide or just in Iceland?

The real question here for statisticians and climate scientists is not are last two years cooler than the previous 20, but rather is this point in the North Atlantic decadal oscillation on par with the last few oscillations? Or is it weaker and warmer than average for this point in the cycle? NEWSMAX will surely address that question honestly.

No, no, no.

It must NEVER be cold anywhere, and no glaciers anywhere must EVER grow if global warming be true! It’s SIMPLE!

No, no, no.

It must NEVER be cold anywhere, and no glaciers anywhere must EVER grow if global warming be true! It’s SIMPLE!

Nope.

But a fire in California fueled by catastrophic mismanagement of forest undergrowth = undisputed sign of global warming.

I wonder if it’s possible in theory for forests to be mismanaged in a way that increases the risk of fires and for forest fires to increase due to global warming?

Nah.

I wonder if it’s possible in theory for forests to be mismanaged in a way that increases the risk of fires and for forest fires to increase due to global warming?

Nah.
Yeah I was going to say, Nah ! But you beat me too it.

No sweeping as in Finland

Just because Trump is a dumbass doesn’t mean we need to improve our forest management. My college roommate is a hotshot and he pretty confirmed that pretty much everybody knew the area was a powder keg.

rake.jpg

Does two years of cooling undo ~30 years of warming? Is there enough glacier regrowth happening to undo decades of shrinking and is it happen worldwide or just in Iceland?

The real question here for statisticians and climate scientists is not are last two years cooler than the previous 20, but rather is this point in the North Atlantic decadal oscillation on par with the last few oscillations? Or is it weaker and warmer than average for this point in the cycle? NEWSMAX will surely address that question honestly.

Bumping for Catamount’s benefit.

I’ll also note that forests nationwide have been mismanaged for over a century and we didn’t have a fire like the camp fire until California had a 7 year drought from 2012-2019, the hottest and worst drought on record. It was also preceded by a three year drought from 2007-2009. California has always had multi year droughts in concordance with the North Pacific oscillation, but they appear to be getting drier, longer and more frequent. That is why people attribute forest fires, at least in part, to climate change. Here is a link to science a data analysis on drought in California:

https://water.ca.gov/LegacyFiles/waterconditions/docs/California_Signficant_Droughts_2015_small.pdf

Back