• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lectro was RIGHT--post1626--(climate related)

instead of complaining, millennials plant 20 MILLION trees in last months of 2019. They did it.

https://teamtrees.org/

It is so encouraging to see true believers in action instead of whining/complaining then getting in their gas guzzling trucks and driving to their 3000 sq ft homes with the heat and A/C blasting in season.

There are way more species than you’re thinking of and I’m guessing many of the 1/3 are listed as endangered already anyway.

There are way more species than you’re thinking of and I’m guessing many of the 1/3 are listed as endangered already anyway.

I mean, Corals and Coral reef fish are already completely fucked. Good chance we’ve lost hundreds of species of coral obligate invertebrates already. That’s just one marine ecosystem.

Do the studies they publish always equivocate so much? "could," "suggests." It's like reading an episode of Ancient Aliens.

That is good practice when making big predictions several decades into the future about complicated systems subject to significant uncertainties and stochasticities. Have you ever read a primary scientific publication before?

Do the studies they publish always equivocate so much? "could," "suggests." It's like reading an episode of Ancient Aliens.

yes, in fact most studies studiously avoid diction that implies certainty. you know, the whole basis of the scientific method/natural inquiry

yes, in fact most studies studiously avoid diction that implies certainty. you know, the whole basis of the scientific method/natural inquiry

Don’t worry, awaken. I’m sure some conservative publication will spin it as “Liberal Scientists Claim World Will End Next Week.”

Back