• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lee Atwater set up Gary Hart

I met Atwater during the last year of his life and he was apologetic about what he and Ailes had created. It rang very hollow to me.

He knew exactly what he was doing. He and Ailes are the grandfathers of the current discord and divisiveness in our country. This was their purpose and goal. They often talked about there not being enough conservatives in the country to win elections and the only way for them to win was turn Americans against their neighbors.

All they cared about about was money and power. It's like a priest pedophile apologizing for abusing dozens of children.

That’s fascinating. 1987 was definitely a simpler time. But if Hart had stood up for his innocence he could have survived it. I thought he had more of a connection to Donna Rice than that but there were all kinds of crazy rumors spreading about it.

Agree.

Don't know about "innocence" though.

Back