• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lee Corso Just Said "Fuck it"

Should've known it was going to end up being a great day/night of college football when it gets started off like that. Corso's the man.

A good friend of mine is an Alabama alum, and after the dust settled, I texted him "you lucky son of a bitch". To which he replied "Anything can happen on Awww Fuck It Saturday...built by the Home Depot".

From comments page 5 on youtube:

@metathus You are a complete moron. I don't use that or any other four letter word ever. It's offensive. I don't want to hear it and I certainly don't want my children to hear it. Why should you get to push your liberal, anti-God value on me. I have a right to watch a college football show without hearing offensive profanity. That should be my choice. You are an arrogant jerk.

True story.....my freshman year at WFU, my first class as a student was "History of the English Language". 25 bright inquiring minds were sitting in that class when the Professor walked in, introduced himself, and then proceeded to write "FUCK" on the blackboard ( I know I'm ancient). He turned and asked the class what we thought that word meant and how did it get its place in the English language. You could have heard a feather hit the floor it was so quiet in that classroom. The next scheduled class, I walked in and discovered that there were now only 5 of us left, everyone else had dropped the class. The professor walked in, looked around and said "that's better". Best class I had in my 4 years.

Other than the former Playboy playmate who was my French teacher.....but that's another story.

Did he provide an answer? I've heard that it's an acronym of medieval origin: Fornication Under the Consent of the King. But I have no idea if that's accurate.

True story.....my freshman year at WFU, my first class as a student was "History of the English Language". 25 bright inquiring minds were sitting in that class when the Professor walked in, introduced himself, and then proceeded to write "FUCK" on the blackboard ( I know I'm ancient). He turned and asked the class what we thought that word meant and how did it get its place in the English language. You could have heard a feather hit the floor it was so quiet in that classroom. The next scheduled class, I walked in and discovered that there were now only 5 of us left, everyone else had dropped the class. The professor walked in, looked around and said "that's better". Best class I had in my 4 years.

Other than the former Playboy playmate who was my French teacher.....but that's another story.

I had to scroll up and see who posted this because I thought it was the beginning of another Harv post at first.

Did he provide an answer? I've heard that it's an acronym of medieval origin: Fornication Under the Consent of the King. But I have no idea if that's accurate.

I had heard another version where it was an acronym for "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" and referred to adulterers, but that could be complete bullshit.

Who is going to be the initiated among us and go find out?

Oh come on, don't tell me you didn't enjoy that comment. Youtube comments are the lowest form of human discourse.

Exactly. So what type of person would actually go through that utter dross? Someone obsessed with something they think is imaginary I guess

Exactly. So what type of person would actually go through that utter dross? Someone obsessed with something they think is imaginary I guess

I was just looking for a laugh in my post-binge hangover-addled mind. I do think I'm starting to come down with early stage parkinson's disease from over-indulgence this past weekend

I had heard another version where it was an acronym for "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" and referred to adulterers, but that could be complete bullshit.

Who is going to be the initiated among us and go find out?

This was my understanding as well & the reason Van Halen used it as the title of an album.....CD.

From OED:

1663 R. Head Hic et Ubique i. vi. 18, I did creep in‥and there I did see putting [sic] the great fuck upon my weef.
1680 Earl of Rochester et al. Poems 37 Thus was I Rook'd of Twelve substantial Fucks.
1719 in E. J. Burford Bawdy Verse (1982) 194 She'd dance and she'd caper as wild as a Buck And told Tom the Tinker she would have some fuck.
1764 J. Wilkes Ess. on Woman 13 Just a few good Fucks, and then we die.
1776 Frisky Songster (new ed.) 25 She could not get one poor f—k.
a1796 R. Burns Merry Muses Caledonia (1799) 49 When maukin-bucks at early f—ks, In dewy glens are seen, Sir.
1865 ‘Philocomus’ Love Feast i. 9 My poor pussy , rent and sore, Dreaded yet longed for one fuck more.
?1889 C. Deveureux Vénus in India 87 After I had signed my name to the note to Mrs. Searle he added his initials, and ‘W.T.B.F.’ ‘What did that mean?’ I asked. ‘Will there be fuck, of course!’
c1890 My Secret Life III. 139, I was dying with want of a fuck.
1928 D. H. Lawrence Lady Chatterley's Lover xviii. 342 A lily-livered hound with never a fuck in him.
1965 E. J. Howard After Julius iii. 38 Eat well, don't smoke, and a fuck was equal to a five-mile walk.
1994 A. L. Kennedy Now that you're Back 49, I thought we had similar reasons for being here. A fling, an affair, a fuck. I'm in the right area?

Back