• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lekan Ajayi

17 year olds can't decide whether to eat wendys or chic-fil-a for lunch. its no surprise this kid is having trouble especially with his parents and his coaches pulling him in multiple directions.

haha. that is hilarious. Larry Krystowiak, the coach of Wyoming, is also a former NBA head coach, and he's tall. He was a badass player back in the day. Think Larry Nance without the hops or the jumpshot and then subtract more talent

Deon Thompson arrived a Carowhina weighing 240-250. That's a lot different than Hubert.

Deon Thompson arrived a Carowhina weighing 240-250. That's a lot different than Hubert.

I meant more in terms of Hubert's playing time/his place in the rotation.

UNC had zero depth in the frontcourt last season. It's part of the reason they faltered in a number of games. As soon as Henson/Zeller got into foul trouble they were playing 6'4" Justin Watts at the PF spot and Knox at center. That's something Roy was desperate to avoid in the future, I'm sure.

Hubert won't play much in his first year, but after that there are certainly plenty of minutes available for him to grab.

I am starting to think he is playing games - this came from an article on govolsextra.com from yesterday afternoon:

"In Class of 2011 news, UT no longer is recruiting 6-9 forward Lekan Ajayi of the Quality Education Academy in Winston-Salem, N.C. Ajayi visited Auburn this past weekend and told the News Sentinel on Monday that his final two choices are Wyoming and Loyola Marymount."

Linkage - http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/apr/18/top-class-2013-prospect-offered-scholarship-ut/

:popcorn:

I am starting to think he is playing games - this came from an article on govolsextra.com from yesterday afternoon:

"In Class of 2011 news, UT no longer is recruiting 6-9 forward Lekan Ajayi of the Quality Education Academy in Winston-Salem, N.C. Ajayi visited Auburn this past weekend and told the News Sentinel on Monday that his final two choices are Wyoming and Loyola Marymount."

Linkage - http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/apr/18/top-class-2013-prospect-offered-scholarship-ut/

Wyoming assistant: "Hey coach, yesterday a high school player named Lekan Ajayi said we are in his final two."

Wyoming coach: putting on glasses, turning to computer "Who in the hell is..." sees Scout profile "GET ME THE PHONE!!!!!"

haha. that is hilarious. Larry Krystowiak, the coach of Wyoming, is also a former NBA head coach, and he's tall. He was a badass player back in the day. Think Larry Nance without the hops or the jumpshot and then subtract more talent

Larry K's actually the new coach at Utah. I think Wyoming got Schyatt?

Yeah they got Shyatt (former Clemson coach). It's a pretty solid hire IMO and if I remember correctly he has a lot of tie-ins and should be at least a decent recruiter. Not that this may even really matter in Ajayi's decision at this point.

Yeah they got Shyatt (former Clemson coach). It's a pretty solid hire IMO and if I remember correctly he has a lot of tie-ins and should be at least a decent recruiter. Not that this may even really matter in Ajayi's decision at this point.

75036-ouija_board.jpg

I meant more in terms of Hubert's playing time/his place in the rotation.

UNC had zero depth in the frontcourt last season. It's part of the reason they faltered in a number of games. As soon as Henson/Zeller got into foul trouble they were playing 6'4" Justin Watts at the PF spot and Knox at center. That's something Roy was desperate to avoid in the future, I'm sure.

Hubert won't play much in his first year, but after that there are certainly plenty of minutes available for him to grab.

Is UNC in with any top bigs in 2012? Would seem logical. And that would be a problem for him. I just think he would have gotten more total minutes over his career at MD, maybe even with more exposure if he establishes himself as the man.

It may turn out for the best, I cant begrudge the guy for going to one of the top, top programs in the country. He may even win a damn championship next year on the bench.

MAYBE WYOMING WILL GET HIM!

17 year olds can't decide whether to eat wendys or chic-fil-a for lunch. its no surprise this kid is having trouble especially with his parents and his coaches pulling him in multiple directions.

I can't make this decision and I'm almost 24...

So according to DeaconKing on the other thread he is "not an option" for us anymore... But after all this, I'm still really curious to find out where he's going. And to find out the backstory on wtfuck was going on with all these random school changes :wtf:

From the Auburn site about 25 mins ago:

"Auburn decided not to offer Ajayi. He's expected to choose between Loyola-Marymount, Missouri or Wisconsin this week."

I hear Indiana has made a late play...not Crean's Indiana. It's Indiana of PA.

"I'm signing (on Wednesday)," said Ajayi. "I'm going to decide between Wyoming and Missouri."

Ajayi visited Wyoming a little over a week ago, but has yet to visit Missouri. He said that he has researched Missouri on the internet, and that not having visited Missouri "doesn't really matter".

Back