• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lenny Wirtz died last month

Dillon Fence

Reaction score
No pub. Was it posted here? Cannot find any age or news stories about it, but jay bolas tweeted his obit today. Would have thought it would have gotten some airplay.

Ah Lenny, how I hated him as a ref. I do, however, remember a game where we were in the 2nd row and pre-game a couple of guys got Lenny to come over, as soon as he got there they said something to the effect of 'FU Lenny'. He thought it was hilarious.

Awful ref. And short enough to blow Deano without getting on his knees. The only ref I hated more over the years was Dick Paparo. And I recall my friends and I suggesting to Lenny over the years that he sucked hairy moose cock.

People who think Duke now gets outrageous treatment from the refs have no idea how bad it was with Deano.

Ah Lenny, how I hated him as a ref. I do, however, remember a game where we were in the 2nd row and pre-game a couple of guys got Lenny to come over, as soon as he got there they said something to the effect of 'FU Lenny'. He thought it was hilarious.

"LENNY! You're the WIRTZ!" - Jamie Luckie, Bernard Clinton, Mike Eades, now are the WIRTZ! Papparo(sp?) always looked as if he were auditioning for a reality show, maybe he was ahead of his time???

RIP Lenny!

Lenny could always totally out of position and still manage to make a charge call in UNC's favor. With that said RIP.

Was Lenny the one who called Mugsy's 3 a 2 at halftime?

Lenny was one of a kind at bs calls and phantom whistles. Thank God we have Karl Hess to fill Lenny's shoes.

Lenny Wirtz more belonged with the Harlem Globetrotters as a sideshow official than he ever did in the ACC.

Awful ref. And short enough to blow Deano without getting on his knees. The only ref I hated more over the years was Dick Paparo. And I recall my friends and I suggesting to Lenny over the years that he sucked hairy moose cock.

Well, this really brought back some bad memories. Wirtz just seemed incompetent to me. Dicky Paparo was more of a pompous jackass.

Well, Lenny was funny!

Who was the best ref to call games in the ACC?

I think it was Joe Forte.

Well, this really brought back some bad memories. Wirtz just seemed incompetent to me. Dicky Paparo was more of a pompous jackass.

Ahhh, memories of Papparo - we used to love telling him how much he sucked while leveraging his first name. I think we left the comma out though.

If I remember Muggsy's senior year ACC tourney semifinal against State, Lenny waived off a desperation 3 Muggsy hit calling it a shot clock violation. And then there was the block/charge call made by Lenny where Muggsy picked up his 3rd foul and had to sit the rest of the first half.

Back