• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lent is coming. Do we give up Deacon basketball?

I will never give up on Wake Forest and will be a forever fan.

Me too. I just won't spend thousands of dollars, gallons of fuel on the road between CLT and W-S, and hours of time I could be spending with my wife and kids to go see them play when the coach and results are this bad.

For lent, I may finally watch Wake basketball and give up something more meaningful like free time. That would be a sacrifice.

I think you're supposed to give up something that is meaningful...

I don't think I've watched a full game this year. If I wanted to self-flagellate for Lent I guess I could force myself to watch every Wake game for the next 40 days.

Give up the "Wake Forest Sports" title to this board and rename it the "Everybody Bitch About Bzz" Board.

Instead of abandoning our kids, maybe we should just give up our universal support of Bzzz for lent?

images

Me too. I just won't spend thousands of dollars, gallons of fuel on the road between CLT and W-S, and hours of time I could be spending with my wife and kids to go see them play when the coach and results are this bad.

I got a laugh out of this, because the implication is that if the basketball results were good, you'd gladly spend time away from the wife and kids. Not judging, we all do it, and I know what you meant. Just funny to see it articulated.

I got a laugh out of this, because the implication is that if the basketball results were good, you'd gladly spend time away from the wife and kids. Not judging, we all do it, and I know what you meant. Just funny to see it articulated.

It's a sacrifice to come to the games. The sacrifice isn't worth it currently. I hate that my son and daughter aren't growing up with Wake basketball, but football will have to suffice for now.

I want Ty Walker to give up shooting airballs on layups for Lent.

Back