• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Les Déplorables

http://www.wsj.com/articles/les-deplorables-1473895470

"They may not live at the level of Victor Hugo’s “Les Misérables,” but it was only a matter of time before les déplorables—our own writhing mass of unheard Americans—rebelled against the intellectual elites’ ancien régime of political correctness."

Ah yes, the classic veneration of France by the American conservative.

I mean this earnestly but realize it can be taken any number of ways, but why would anyone want to take pride or want to be a part of opposing intellectual elites?

I mean this earnestly but realize it can be taken any number of ways, but why would anyone want to take pride or want to be a part of opposing intellectual elites?

Political Correctness is a plague upon this country, and Clinton and her supporters are it's standard bearers.

Political correctness isn't the same as disagreeing with someone that is an expert in what they do or uses facts because you don't have the same knowledge and have an opinion.

There are a lot of people that get a bit of education and consider themselves smarter than others. They then like to test out there theories for "improving" the lives of the less fortunate and less intelligent.

Not sure why anyone would resent that.

There are a lot of people that get a bit of education and consider themselves smarter than others. They then like to test out there theories for "improving" the lives of the less fortunate and less intelligent.

did you even re-read this before posting it?

Has anybody seen or read the entire Hillary quote? Be honest.

Because most of what they have to say comes off as "let them eat cake." They're patronizing assholes, basically.

Because most of what they have to say comes off as "let them eat cake." They're patronizing assholes, basically.

Marie Antoinette never said "let them eat cake." Common misattribution.

I think I'm just going to patronize lots of people on this thread.

their*

Back