• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's discuss the announcers/analysts

Deac83

Reaction score
Obviously they need to dig deep with this many games and since some of the better announcers/analysts are under contract with other networks.

Reggie Miller - really? you played the game, not sure why you are an analyst.
Spanarkel - ok you played at dook you should understand rules that are in place, so stop whining when you don't like a rule
Gotlieb - like you in the studio, hate you in the booth.

Maybe it's just me, but does anybody else think Jim Spanarkel sounds like Brian Billick?

Clearly an argument for anyone other than Gus Johnson is invalid... but, if forced to choose I don't mind Mike Patrick or Vern Lundquist. At least they act like they care.

The best was some dude that played on wake's last FF team. A total asshole, but usually spot on. People hated him for it

----------
Tapatalk.

I gave Doug Gottlieb the "mute until he finishes this asinine thought/rant" treatment about ten times tonight.

Yeah gottleib really struggled. A while bunch if preplanned cliches.

"Wichita state is literally SHOCKING the world".

Really? That was the best you could come up with?

My iPhone typing is struggling as well apparently.

Meant to say:

A whole bunch of preplanned cliches.

The best was some dude that played on wake's last FF team. A total asshole, but usually spot on. People hated him for it

----------
Tapatalk.

Truth. I liked the Packer/McGuire duo. Talk about pulling no punches...

Clearly an argument for anyone other than Gus Johnson is invalid... but, if forced to choose I don't mind Mike Patrick or Vern Lundquist. At least they act like they care.
Whoa, someone actually likes Mike Patrick? He's my alltime most hated, though Jimmy Dykes is an up and comer in that category.

My favorite in the tourney is actually Steve Kerr and Marv Albert. Marv has some lapses, but he's just a classic, and Kerr is really pretty great. Plus, Sager on the sidelines.

Whoa, someone actually likes Mike Patrick? He's my alltime most hated, though Jimmy Dykes is an up and comer in that category.

My favorite in the tourney is actually Steve Kerr and Marv Albert. Marv has some lapses, but he's just a classic, and Kerr is really pretty great. Plus, Sager on the sidelines.

I agree about Kerr. Very good announcer and pretty clever without trying to make everyone realize that he is clever.

i love how sir charles barkley called the ref's out for shitty officiating at the end of that iowa st. loss on national tv, gumble is a pro at changing the subject though haha.

I like Marv and Kerr too. Game just sounds important with Albert calling it.

Clark Kellogg however is awful. Couple times in the tournament he has said something along the lines of "that's not a foul, just good hard basketball". Then he sees the replay and says, "oh well that is a foul, got him with the entire body."

i love how sir charles barkley called the ref's out for shitty officiating at the end of that iowa st. loss on national tv, gumble is a pro at changing the subject though haha.
I posted this on the game thread too, but I agree. Glad someone will call out the shitty refs. Especially the letter of the law bullshit they pull. Barkley seemed genuinely pissed about the outcome being tainted by bad calls.

The sooner CBS names Kerr the lone color man for the Final Four (and not as a sidekick to Clark effing Kellogg, who's a total abomination), the better.

Bill Walton is the ABSOLUTE WORST announcer/analyst anywhere. His call of the UCLA/Oregon Pac 10 Tourney game was atrocious and he ended up eating his words within the first 10 minutes. I had to put the game on mute.

Back