• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LET'S GO!

I'm getting a bunch of PM's congratulating and praising me saying I'm some kind of a prophet for saying that we had a chance to win this game "... get a couple of turnovers ... and steal one...".

Guys I have no problem admitting I called the game exactly how it would happen .. before the game was played .. and everyone disagreed and thought I was crazy ... and so yes that was prophetic ... so I'm not disputing that ...

But all the PM's and congratulating is over the top and not necessary ... because it's natural and comes easy ... doesn't require any special work on my part ... it's a service I will continue to provide because everyone appreciates my insights ...

Funny, I wouldn't have thought getting a bunch of PM's calling you a douche bag would be considered praise and congratulations?

Clawson maybe limiting the playbook until we need it. If we can get up and stay up against BC, why not stick with that until it's a one score game for more than a possession?

The schedule sets up for such a strategy.

This really is the question. Of course it's frustrating to watch 3rd and 11 runs up the middle deep in your own territory. At the same time, the play calling wasn't conservative after the first turnover - pass on first down, 3 of 4 plays were passes. We then converted 2 consecutive 3rd downs running the ball, then went up 14-0 on a QB keeper. After our first score there was exactly one moment of actual worry during the game, and that required a horrible PI call and a false start on 3rd down that led to Wake going conservative and punting it away. But then we get a pick 6 and the game was essentially over.

If our defense hadn't been so dominant, do we make Cam the focus of a few drives? Go to Dortch a few more times like that option throw (which was a great play)? Take a few more shots down field or throw in a Hinton series to mix things up? It's pretty clear this is a defense-first team with the offense was asked to do the bare minimum in this one. We clearly have some talent in skill positions and a suspect o-line. I doubt many think the ceiling for this offense is what we saw yesterday, but how much higher is it and how aggressive/creative will Clawson be when we need scores?

Our schedule gets progressively harder than gradually easier. If we can keep the element of surprise for FSU and Clemson, we may have a chance. Or maybe we ride out Clemson and save something for Tech and Louisville. If not, the last three are must win games.

We had the lead and there was no reason to be aggressive or do anything tricky. Just don't turn it over and run the clock. Still not at all sure we have an improved OL. That is the key to a better passing game. Lets just take it one game at a time. We have two winnable games coming up, lets keep the streak going and worry about the middle part of the schedule when we get there.

Burned shirts update:
LB Monroe, Chase

Special teams? Those last couple plays?
Excited for his potential, hope he makes an impact now that shirt is burned. That is 3 LB now, staff must have some real concern about depth as season goes on.

All played again:
LB Taylor, DJ
LB Simpson
DB Davis, Coby
DB Taylor, Ja'Sir (got beat for a TD, but dropped, no shame in that, hope he can make big plays too)

No Surratt or Maginn this game.

That was our largest ACC road victory since the pillaging of Tallahassee in 2006.

Would not be upset if that was true, but do we have another Monroe that would explain it showing up in the participation chart?

We don't have another Monroe, but we have another #58 - OL Tyler Watson who is listed as second team. Bet you that's who they intended to list since both Monroe and Watson wear #58.

Last edited:
We don't have another Monroe, but we have another #58 - OL Tyler Watson who is listed as second team. Bet you that's who they intended to list since both Monroe and Watson wear #58.

Great news.
Not so great, athletic department. Probably the same person in charge of the team website negotiated with the ACC on TV slots. An ACC team deserves a better effort from its administration.

Funny, I wouldn't have thought getting a bunch of PM's calling you a douche bag would be considered praise and congratulations?

No harm, guys are continuing to say nice things to me and everyone agrees that folks like you who can't bring positive fresh takes are better staying away.

Otherwise you will continue to be the laughingstock of this board and everyone knows you can be better than that.

All of us hope to see some improvement from you so maybe give it a try.

No harm, guys are continuing to say nice things to me and everyone agrees that folks like you who can't bring positive fresh takes are better staying away.

Otherwise you will continue to be the laughingstock of this board and everyone knows you can be better than that.

12:02AM post huh, those last night shifts working the Taco Bell Drive-thru must be rough. Get some rest man!

You're worse than boobknightfan

12:02AM post huh, those last night shifts working the Taco Bell Drive-thru must be rough. Get some rest man!

Read the writing on the wall everyone believes you have it in you to make a sensible contribution. The first step is to admit you have a problem.

I appreciate you asking for help but you have to be willing to accept help. Yes you've identified yourself as someone who is limited but we can help you find your niche in doing something other than throwing up your arms in frustration believing you don't have the mental capacity to speak on my level.

Back