• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's Talk About Groundhog Day

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
Groundhog Day doesn't make any sense to me. If he sees his shadow on February 2, then there are six more weeks of winter. But winter ends on or around March 21. So that means from today, there are roughly seven more weeks of winter. So if he sees his shadow then winter will actually be one week shorter than traditional winter. People get upset about him seeing his shadow, but shouldn't they really be celebrating since winter will end a week early? It really makes you wonder...

Preemptive: More like GroundDwarf day

wouldn't a small rodent be scared anyway when brought in front of a huge crowd?

I also heard this morning on NPR (#fakenews?) that they bring him out before the sun has risen.

someone forgot their booties

i mean its better than talking leggings

Obviously when they started the tradition global warming hadn't started yet.

The daughter of the handler of Punxsawtawney Phil was in my class at Wake. Didn't know her super well, but she was cool.

punksatawny (sp?) phil only has like a 45% success rate.

The Raleigh groundhog, much better, like a 55% success rate. He said early spring for NC. Suck it Phil.

groundhog-day-ftr1.jpg

How many days do you think Bill Murray goes on a murderous rampage in the movie?

I was hoping to see something like this when I opened the thread.

There are so many benders that went unexplored in the movie.

Groundhog Day doesn't make any sense to me. If he sees his shadow on February 2, then there are six more weeks of winter. But winter ends on or around March 21. So that means from today, there are roughly seven more weeks of winter. So if he sees his shadow then winter will actually be one week shorter than traditional winter. People get upset about him seeing his shadow, but shouldn't they really be celebrating since winter will end a week early? It really makes you wonder...

Back