• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Letter to WF Grads add re: Sharia Law, Chaplain Griggs

West End Deac

Living The Last One Down
Reaction score
He's back. According to Mr. Woodsmall, Wake Forest has cheated its graduates by allowing Iman Griggs to recruit students toward his "abhorrent, anti-American, anti-western, anti-liberal ideology."

Can't link the ad but we've all heard his spiel before. Page 8, 3/4 page ad.

So we've already had the "small dick" jokes about Mr. Woodsmall, I guess?

In fairness to the attorney and Wake alum, Woodsmall, he merely forwarded the name of the Imam to a lady named Clare Lopez.

Mrs. Lopez provided Woodsmall with a bio of Imam Griggs, his affiliations and what those affiliations represent to the intelligence community. (According to Mrs. Lopez)

Mrs. Lopez is a CIA operative specializing in over 20 years of Strategic Policy and Intel, Middle East,WMD,and Counter-terrorism. She has extensive fieldwork in the Balkans and across the Middle East and Europe. She speaks Bulgarian, Spanish Russian, German, French and Farsi.

You can find Clare's opinion of Griggs. She's no wide eyed nut from Montana. She is a Intel officer for our government's ,intelligence apparatus. She is charged with drawing profiles not disseminating propaganda. In a word -- "disagree with her"-- but don't discount hers as a periphery opinion. She has skin in the game and her opinion needn't be shoo'd simply because it runs counter to our "feelings".

I did not read see the original letter that is being referenced but I did just out of curiosity google Clare Lopez and read/listen to a bunch of her material that is online. She appears to know a great deal, but her message is the kind of incredibly alarmist and politicized fear that drove Bush II foreign policy. I hope this woman is kept far far away from anyone who actually makes decisions on Iran or the Middle East.

Example: She authored a book on the threat of shariah to America, was friends with Breitbart, and a frequent contributor to radicalislam.org which is a joke of a site.

Last edited:
Clare Lopez is to the right of John Bolton and the idiot Douglas Feith.

in the streets of London and gay ol' Paris they take the rightwing wacko as gospel.

I guess they have been wrestling with it longer...having lived in Lyon and Paris for nearly 2 years I saw a lot of tension. I had two incidents where our train was delayed because bombs were found on the track and I was across the street during the subway bombings in Paris.

Perhaps the Muslim communities there are not assimilating as well due to the decaying European élan. The European intellectual is un- appealing with his existentialist rationale, general condition of ennui, and bourgeoise solutions "for
everyone else" ... might be a difficult environment for an orthodox religious adherent?

Might as well add a leprechaun since we are going all Irish around our campus

Back