• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lewisville

forensicdeac

Reaction score
I have friends in Northern California who have discovered Lewisville in their online searches for a place to live that is affordable, good schools etc. compared to now (which is actually pretty great but pricey).

They like the Carolinas on paper and are interested in Pinehurst and Lewisville. I would steer them towards Lewisville so I can visit during visits to Wake.

What are pros and cons? They plan on visiting in the spring.

For what it's worth, my wife and I fell in love with Lewisville as soon as we moved here.

Can't see us ever living anywhere else.

We're in a fairly modest HOA near the center of town & it constantly reminds us of Pleasantville.

I have friends in Northern California who have discovered Lewisville in their online searches for a place to live that is affordable, good schools etc. compared to now (which is actually pretty great but pricey).

They like the Carolinas on paper and are interested in Pinehurst and Lewisville. I would steer them towards Lewisville so I can visit during visits to Wake.

What are pros and cons? They plan on visiting in the spring.

Excellent road biking at your doorstep

I like the public library and surrounding area of Lewisville. I think you are far enough away from Winston that it adds some inconvenience depending on your lifestyle (where you shop for groceries, work situation, etc.). We live right on the edge of Winston very close to Lewisville FWIW.

We're looking at places in Lewisville for our move. Schools are great, not as busy as Winston, but still really close to whatever we need to get to (downtown, Wake games, etc.), and family is all close by.

Property taxes also appear to be a good bit lower.

We're looking at places in Lewisville for our move. Schools are great, not as busy as Winston, but still really close to whatever we need to get to (downtown, Wake games, etc.), and family is all close by.

Property taxes also appear to be a good bit lower.

I can't really think of a complaint.

There is zero traffic between us & any of our normal commutes & the roads are always the best maintained in the county.

Lewisville's Lowes Foods is one of the better run stores in that chain. Great Beer Den, there.

Between Incendiary (Lewisville), the new WestBend, and both Old Nicks (the pub and the distillery)... there's now quite a bit to do without leaving town.

... even our HOA, which I know I'm supposed to hate, is pretty idyllic. I think we pay <$400/year and have a terrific pool & clubhouse that's cleaned/maintained daily.

The town itself is run very well, too. We've got a great mayor and council who put on some good free events in the town square.

Our bulky item pick-up started this morning. I drug a old grill & other stuff up to my curb at 8 a.m... it was gone by 8:15.

Lewisville's biggest weakness? Basically no fast food.

I can't really think of a complaint.

There is zero traffic between us & any of our normal commutes & the roads are always the best maintained in the county.

Lewisville's Lowes Foods is one of the better run stores in that chain. Great Beer Den, there.

Between Incendiary (Lewisville), the new WestBend, and both Old Nicks (the pub and the distillery)... there's now quite a bit to do without leaving town.

... even our HOA, which I know I'm supposed to hate, is pretty idyllic. I think we pay <$400/year and have a terrific pool & clubhouse that's cleaned/maintained daily.

The town itself is run very well, too. We've got a great mayor and council who put on some good free events in the town square.

Our bulky item pick-up started this morning. I drug a old grill & other stuff up to my curb at 8 a.m... it was gone by 8:15.

When did this happen? I left there 3 years ago. Big fan of Old Nick's, and The Coffee Mill as well.

Mid-'22. It's in the former WestBend winery/brewery space.

It's fantastic & almost always very chill.
Yeah I know several friends with kids that actually love making the drive out there from Winston to hang because it's so kid friendly/chill.

We love Lewisville but live very close to Winston border - may feel differently if we were further away from stuff. No fast food places is a bit rough, but the ones on Lewisville Clemmons are pretty universally terrible. Don’t get me started on the downfall of Bojangles as a chain in the past few years.

Pinehurst is better than Lewisville, come on. If nothing else we have every fast food restaurant!

We love Lewisville but live very close to Winston border - may feel differently if we were further away from stuff. No fast food places is a bit rough, but the ones on Lewisville Clemmons are pretty universally terrible. Don’t get me started on the downfall of Bojangles as a chain in the past few years.
The Bojangles closest to me in Georgetown, SC is a terrible experience every single time I go.

Back