• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Libertarians On the Rise

i mean look at jamie dimon and jpm for another example of guys basically saying "fuck it. we know we can fuck over everyone, but we'll make enough money it wont matter."

Continue, please. This should be a nice segway off the topic yet again.

How-Much-Does-A-Segway-Cost.jpg

What in the fucking fuck are you talking about? When did you become such a crazy person?

everyone please stay on topic. we're talking about how there are more libertarians. that's the only relevant discussion point.

"laws are good," "courts are good," "regulation is good" ... but government is bad

phan is spot on with his assessment of financial regulation

What in the fucking fuck are you talking about? When did you become such a crazy person?

Ah, I take it your view remains that private law suits have no deterence on corporate behavior whatsoever despite a glowing example of the private sector delivering 10x the damages to a corporate actor than criminal sanctions.

"laws are good," "courts are good," "regulation is good" ... but government is bad

phan is spot on with his assessment of financial regulation

This should be rich. Please, go on and tell us all about financial regulation.

What will we all get out of Dodd-Frank once the government actually gets around to passing regulations for the law? That process, btw, has been a complete cluster fuck to date that makes the roll out of Obamacare look like a model of efficiency and excellence. And my what an outstanding job the current administration has done in moving to aggressively enforce violations of laws that existed before the implementation (if you can call it that) of Dodd-Frank.

everyone please stay on topic. we're talking about how there are more libertarians. that's the only relevant discussion point.

Since you seem unwilling or incapable of putting forth a discussion topic despite the fact I offered to discuss one with you, I'll presume this means you have little or nothing to say.

But someone else has picked up the torch for you!

Passing reasonable regulations would be much easier if not for people in government who believe in your libertarian principles.

it's like the healthcare bill; we have to vote these guys in office before we know what's going to happen

Passing reasonable regulations would be much easier if not for people in government who believe in your libertarian principles.

Hmm. How do "regulations" get "passed"? Do you even know the fundamental process and how it works. Because your answer suggests you need to head back to take a 5th grade social studies class.

yeah.....i think we know which way the tea party guys lean in this debate.

but let me just say it for you: NO TRUE SCOTSMAN!

Allow me to help. See Congress passes the law. Then the administration writes the regulations via their agencies. Dodd-Frank is the "law of the land" already. So Congress has done their job. And I'd be hard pressed to imagine Obama is letting a whole lot of Libertarians hold up the regs. He and his folks have done that one all on their own. Sort of like how they have not prosecuted any executives for legal violations coming out of the financial meltdown. Fascinating, isn't it?

Clearly. Look at the reasonable regulations around the IRC and ACA. Don't worry guy, government will regulate itself if you just pipe down and stop voting what you want to happen. Be patient, the next half century of big government is when all of the progress is going to happen.

This should be rich. Please, go on and tell us all about financial regulation.

What will we all get out of Dodd-Frank once the government actually gets around to passing regulations for the law? That process, btw, has been a complete cluster fuck to date that makes the roll out of Obamacare look like a model of efficiency and excellence. And my what an outstanding job the current administration has done in moving to aggressively enforce violations of laws that existed before the implementation (if you can call it that) of Dodd-Frank.

I thought you said the laws that we have are good? Now they're not good? Which laws do libertarians like and which don't they like?

The role of regulation is part of the equation. But it's primary role is to help prevent "bad" things from happening in the first place. And that role has value - you won't hear me advocating for an end to much of the regulation we have on the books.

So the laws and regulations we have are good? Or they're not good?

Deleted. I'll let this ride.

Last edited:
Back