• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Liberty Postgame Thread

Punt game was improved, for sure.

We also punted from Liberty's 34. So the playcalling is the same shit, different toilet.

That kid launches it even higher than Plack and as long. It's really something to see in person.

We just ran into Campanaro at Elizabeth's Pizza, he had his left ankle in a boot. Hopefully it heals quickly.

one last thought on this game before i force myself to never think of it again:

mckayla-maroney-meme-getty.jpg

Well said.

Can't see a punter leaving early, but whatever.

I think his age factors in. Plus, once he has experience playing the game, what good does staying do? It usually takes a lot of tryouts and multiple years to get on with a team for the long run, if you actually make it at all. It would seem wise to me to start that process as soon as you could.

All of that said, FML for this being the only post game topic worth discussing.

I have felt bad after a lot of Wake losses. This is pretty much the worst I've ever felt after a win.

The next time we run out of the pistol on third and inches, I might murder a hobo.

This really kills me. Might actually piss me off more than anything Bzdelick does.

This really kills me. Might actually piss me off more than anything Bzdelick does.

Come December you'll be like, "Man I'd take 20 more years of Lobo if we could just get rid of Bz".

A lot of the offensive questions are raised on this and other threads so I want to go a different direction. Can someone explain to me why our corners give 10+ yard cushions on third and 6/7/8?

A lot of the offensive questions are raised on this and other threads so I want to go a different direction. Can someone explain to me why our corners give 10+ yard cushions on third and 6/7/8?

It's to make sure we lead the conference in third and long conversions...on defense.

That's kind of special and neat isn't it?

Even with our best D teams I felt like we had a "bend don't break" philosophy. In 2006 it felt like we gave up a lot of yards relative to TDs. I think the big cushion is part of the "don't give up the big play" plan. I have always wished we could put more pressure on the QB and be a little more aggressive with our coverage, but maybe we just don't have that capability.

IMHO we won't be within 4 TDs of UNC and we may be lucky to field a team after FSU. I don't think we get more than two wins the rest of the way, probably MD and BC.

I will be curious to see what the consensus is on this staff after another 3-9 and fourth straight losing season. Recruiting failures on offense are evident. It's been 12 years, where does the staff see this program going.

IMHO we won't be within 4 TDs of UNC and we may be lucky to field a team after FSU. I don't think we get more than two wins the rest of the way, probably MD and BC.

I will be curious to see what the consensus is on this staff after another 3-9 and fourth straight losing season. Recruiting failures on offense are evident. It's been 12 years, where does the staff see this program going.

It all seems clear to me. Have an amazing season filled with dumb luck on the field (chip vaughn, Ben mauk, reggie ball) and lucky recruiting (riley, swank, curry, zo). Then, capitalize on it by overhauling the stadium and selling seat rights while fan interest is at an all time high. Finally, all the coaches cash in on the success by either moving on to other schools or getting a huge raise here and retiring on the job.

That is what this coaching staff has done in 12 seasons.

^That's pretty unfair to what this staff has accomplished here. Before Skinner, we started the Grobe era with back to back winning seasons and a bowl win, which rivals the periods of greatest success here historically. During the Skinner run, we had the greatest 3 year period in school history by far, and post Skinner we went 5-3 in the ACC last year and went to another bowl. All at a program that has been a historical laughingstock.

You've been around WF football a lot longer than us, but BallStateDeac and I have been asking exactly that question since our first Wake game (well, maybe second - our first home game was the NC State game where our big question was why the students couldn't tear down the goalposts).

Back