• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lindsey Graham

It's all relative. Beggars can't always be choosers if you are looking for sanity in the GOP today. There isn't a helluva lot to pick from in that area.

235px-Sen_Susan_Collins_official.jpg

Assumed that Lindsey had cut a deal with Jeb to be Defense Secretary or Secretary of State in exchange for being a spoiler/attack dog in SC. Jeb should skip Iowa and pick off at least one of the survivors in NH. Finish the remaining ones in Florida. Do like what Lindsey days in that article, but he can't win the nomination.

Do like Susan Collins, but her voice is brutally grating.

Makes way too much sense for most of today's Pubs to get behind:

Graham, who has served in Congress since 1995 and is an attorney in the Air Force Reserve, is not without a wide range of votes that add to his baggage headed into 2016. He voted for both of President Barack Obama’s Supreme Court nominees. He backs Loretta Lynch to be attorney general. He believes climate change is real and that the federal government should do something about it. He’s open to a Simpson-Bowles-type approach to rein in big deficits, something that would raise tax revenues. And he was an architect of the comprehensive immigration bill, something the right wing of his party despises.

Makes way too much sense for most of today's Pubs to get behind:

Graham, who has served in Congress since 1995 and is an attorney in the Air Force Reserve, is not without a wide range of votes that add to his baggage headed into 2016. He voted for both of President Barack Obama’s Supreme Court nominees. He backs Loretta Lynch to be attorney general. He believes climate change is real and that the federal government should do something about it. He’s open to a Simpson-Bowles-type approach to rein in big deficits, something that would raise tax revenues. And he was an architect of the comprehensive immigration bill, something the right wing of his party despises.

Sounds like he'll compromise on everything but fighting unlimited wars.

Sounds like he'll compromise on everything but fighting unlimited wars.

Yeah, for a pol from SC, he's pretty centrist on a lot of domestic issues. But he wants to send our military to more places than Bush Lite and Cheney did.

I feel like Lindsay Graham is one of the few republicans out there that actually vote for what they feel is in the best interest of the country instead of how can I try to screw Obama. I don't usually agree with his positions, but I respect him and voted for him the past two elections even though I'm a liberal democrat (perhaps the only white male liberal democrat in SC, at least it seems that way most days )

I feel like Lindsay Graham is one of the few republicans out there that actually vote for what they feel is in the best interest of the country instead of how can I try to screw Obama. I don't usually agree with his positions, but I respect him and voted for him the past two elections even though I'm a liberal democrat (perhaps the only white male liberal democrat in SC, at least it seems that way most days )

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Yeah. It's funny to make fun of men who are effeminate. Who do they think they are?

It is funny to compare him to a southern belle, and it's on a comedy show. Now if a legitimate news network did it, and it was insinuating a female was a lesbian:

"A controversial radio host known for her outspoken, anti-gay opinions has suggested Hillary Clinton may secretly be a lesbian.

Sandy Rios, a Fox News contributor who also hosts a radio program backed by conservative Christian group American Family Association, claimed Tuesday that the former Secretary of State’s recent announcement of support for same-sex marriage might hint at Clinton's sexual identity.

(This is a tactic Rios has used in the past. In November she suggested United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice, who openly supports lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights, might herself be gay.)

After mocking Clinton's voice and appearance."

Now if a legitimate news network did it, and it was insinuating a female was fat:

"A male Fox News contributor on the network’s Outnumbered said Tuesday the first lady needs to lose some weight.

Dr. Keith Ablow, a Fox News contributor, the show’s hosts were discussing a group known as Mission: Readiness, comprised of nearly 500 former military leaders planning to lobby Congress to keep new school nutrition standards pushed by Michelle Obama.

During the discussion, Ablow interjected, “and how well can she be eating…she needs to drop a few.”

“No, listen,” Ablow said. “We’re taking nutrition advice from who? Well, no let’s be honest, like there’s no french fries happening. Like that’s all kale and carrots I don’t buy it. Well, I’m just saying, her husband. I want some nutritional advice from Barack.”

Now if a legitimate news network did it, and it was insinuating a female was transgendered:

"Thanks to Christwire, Fox News, The Drudge Report and other outlets of opposition, we are able to get the truth out to you"

"After finishing a respectable rookie season with 88 tackles and 7.5 sacks, he suddenly dropped out of the school. Fellow teammates observed that Robinson could regularly be heard lamenting over how he is a “woman trapped inside a man’s body”, and on January 13th, 1983, he underwent sex reassignment surgery at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. To hide the shame of his new identity, Michael left Oregon State to attend Princeton University under his new legal name, “Michelle Robinson”. Years later, he met Barry Obama Jr. a Kenyan immigrant who later became aware of “Michelle’s” true identity. They subsequently married and adopted two children.”

Those are pretty good numbers for a rookie at Oregon State.

Last edited:
Back