• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Link to Live Stats of Wake vs Louisville at NCAA Men's Tennis championships (09 MAY)

We did get upset in the 1st round of the NCAAs last year, but I think we had a run in the ACC tournament and had a better league finish.

This season was way disappointing. Maybe next year will be better.

Yes, wake finished 3rd in the ACC last year and made the ACC tourney final after upsetting duke in the semifinals.

I watch wake play a fair amount. The team was very inconsistent this year. Couldn't find solid performers at 5 and 6 singles. Bogaerts started the year so so, but ended pretty strong against tough competition. I'm interested to see how he does in the individual tourney.

So, overall a slightly disappointing season, but they still did better in the ncaa tourney than last year, which is important and doubles directors cup points compared to last year.

Yes, wake finished 3rd in the ACC last year and made the ACC tourney final after upsetting duke in the semifinals.

I watch wake play a fair amount. The team was very inconsistent this year. Couldn't find solid performers at 5 and 6 singles. Bogaerts started the year so so, but ended pretty strong against tough competition. I'm interested to see how he does in the individual tourney.

So, overall a slightly disappointing season, but they still did better in the ncaa tourney than last year, which is important and doubles directors cup points compared to last year.

You're not looking at the same team. Losing Kreyman, Prabahakar and Hopkins was huge. Those are your top 3 players right there.

Lee had a slightly disappointing year as a senior but I'm telling you guys, these are all Bresky's recruits now and I guarantee a Top 20 finish next year and a flirt with the Top 10 in 2015-16.

Any season you win an NCAA Tournament match is a good season historically for Wake and we are moving in a direction where this WILL truly be a down year

I forgot to mention, re: the NCAA results- The team was hurt by their seed, which could have been much higher if not for a slew of 4-3 losses that could have gone either way. OSU in the 2nd round is brutal. This was probably a 3rd round caliber squad

Our regular season performance really didn't merit a higher placement.

The team is far bigger than any other squad in the country (17 players on the roster) and they didn't really gel through the season. At least two players are transferring, potentially a third.

Back