• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Linked In

lazydeac

Reaction score
What is everyone's experience with linkedin?

Any tips on how to best utilize it? Ever landed a job with it? Other experiences?

I have gotten a few phone calls and emails regarding jobs because of Linked In. Got an interview with one and didn't pursue another, but she left a message saying she found me on Linked In and it was a legit job with one of my competitors.

Headhunters found me on linkedin for my last two jobs. Definitely useful.

I know of several people who have gotten interviews because of the information in their LinkedIn profiles and 2 who have gotten jobs as a result of those initial contacts for interviews.

LinkedIn is all about networking & it is especially useful in the sales/marketing & IT industries.

I dont think people in the legal field really use it, but big corps definitley do.

I dated a girl that was a recruiter for a fortune 500 company and she was constantly scouring linkedin to fill her positions.

I dont think people in the legal field really use it, but big corps definitley do.

I dated a girl that was a recruiter for a fortune 500 company and she was constantly scouring linkedin to fill her positions.

Actually, LinkedIn is very helpful in the legal field. We have gotten a number of deals and referrals from it.

i hate all the emails i get. "do you know such and such??" "just a reminder that such and such wants to connect on linkedin"

i once set up a call for a job on linkedin for my dad's business because he has no idea how to use the internet for anything but finding extreme liberal drivel to blabber about, and the only ones who applied were pretty shitty.

i hate all the emails i get. "do you know such and such??" "just a reminder that such and such wants to connect on linkedin"

i once set up a call for a job on linkedin for my dad's business because he has no idea how to use the internet for anything but finding extreme liberal drivel to blabber about, and the only ones who applied were pretty shitty.

ur dad runs a business in Canton, OH, basically everyone there is pretty shitty.

Facebook - "I gotta pee"
MySpace - "Listening to Of Montreal - hey I gotta pee"
Twitter - "I'm peeing"
YouTube - "Look at this pee!"
LinkedIn - "I'm good at peeing"

Last edited:
Back