• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Listening to Deacs on XM?

In previous years I have listened on XM. Many of the football and basketball games have been broadcast on the ACC sports channels (I think in the 190's).

In the past, the radio rights (and the ability to listen to WF on the radio) was governed by who was the home team. So, when WF is home in football or hoop, you could usually get the WF broadcast on XM. On the road, you would only get the WF game through the host team radio network. If that is the case this year, there would be no XM for the ULM and Utah State games (they generally don't broadcast Sun Belt or Mountain West games on XM), and you could get the visiting teams announcers for the ACC road games. With that said, XM changes all of the time (now they broadcast road team networks for MLB games); so, its possible more games could be available this season.

Found this on the Appstore the other day. Should be a way to listen and stay up to date for both Football and Basketball.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wake-forest-gameday/id900350909?mt=8

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

Was this new app discussed on another thread? I feel like this is a big deal. Very cool.

no there is, but it its hard to find. I went to the google app store and searched for wake forest gameday but it had so scroll down to the third or fourth page. Then had to click on the Arkansas gameday page and search for "others like this" or something like that.

Yeah, I didn't see any discussion about that app in another thread so I figured it would fit into this one. I randomly stumbled upon it the other day and was pleasantly surprised. Pretty slick with the twitter integration as well for keeping up to date on football news. We will have to see how good it works once the season starts.

Will the ULM game be available on ESPN3? I know it's on ESPNU, but I find myself for reasons that I won't go into being without a TV during the opening week of the season. Thanks.

Yeah, that is the one I downloaded. It appears to be the same as the iphone app

no there is, but it its hard to find. I went to the google app store and searched for wake forest gameday but it had so scroll down to the third or fourth page. Then had to click on the Arkansas gameday page and search for "others like this" or something like that.

Did you efforts find a more direct link that you could post?

Back