• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Listening to music at work right now?

ellisat2

Reaction score
Anyone able to listen to tunes while you're working? What're you jamming to?

I've got "Mine Is Yours" by The Cold War Kids playing right now.

Plan to queue up some Grace Potter afterwards, I think.

Don't get to listen to music much but I am today. Earlier went through Midnight Marauders and now some 36 Chambers

Our IT department decided to block Grooveshark and Pandora recently to free up bandwidth. Of course they still allow us to use Facebook and YouTube which makes zero sense but whatever. I've got my iTunes going in my office at the moment. Rooney is the current selection.

Our IT department decided to block Grooveshark and Pandora recently to free up bandwidth. Of course they still allow us to use Facebook and YouTube which makes zero sense but whatever. I've got my iTunes going in my office at the moment. Rooney is the current selection.

FB4.jpg

Good choice.

should i go see band of horses tonight with some friends? I dig a couple of their songs but am not too familiar otherwise. wife is out of town, so i'm solo tonight...kind of feeling like a night in, bubble bath, do my nails, watch freaks and geeks and catch up on the dvr. what say you?

Go see Band of Horses. Hit up Grooveshark right now and listen to a few songs. Should be a decent show.

I listen to Pandora free - Firefox ad blocker blocks its ads, which is money.

Very good choice. If you're jonesing for another mashed-up album, check out "The Brothers of Chico Dusty" by DJ Wick-It the Instigator

Its good, too.

oooo ellis repping the nashville djs, he's a full-blown volunteer

I do remember you posting about it, I've checked him out recently because some of his stuff has popped onto some of my music blogs and I've enjoyed most of it.

ANYWAYS moved on to a long dance mix

yeah, after i posted that i started listening to more band of horses. I really like their sound. I should go.

You should defs go. They are good live. AND it will be an even better show, because it was part of the Kings of Leons tour, but now they have cancelled so it will only be BOH.

I specifically did not see them in Atlanta because I didnt want to give any $$ to KOL.

yeah i'm going. just had a 3 hour lunch with beers, so I'm in. just need to maintain til showtime.

I've got Spotify at work now, been trying really hard to find new (to me) bands. Been switching between:

Portugal, The Man (their new album rocks, but they aren't totally new to me)
Robbers on High Street
Young the Giant
The Dears
As Tall As Lions
The Wombats
Foster the People
Buffy Clyro

Any suggestions would be appreciated too! I highly recommend all of those bands.

Back