• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LJVM Renovation Plans ?

According to Randolph Childress at the women's ball clinic last year they are doing some seat reconfiguration as a par of the renovations. No need to rep,ace seats until that's done.

I think the big concern is that if the brakes were to fail on the monorail there isn't much to stop if from crashing into the new scoreboard. A lot of that debris probably lands in people's drinks at the brewery below.

I think the big concern is that if the brakes were to fail on the monorail there isn't much to stop if from crashing into the new scoreboard. A lot of that debris probably lands in people's drinks at the brewery below.

Yeah, but how often do brakes fail on monorails? I'm really looking forward to the Joel having that Disney Contemporary hotel feel.

I hope so. I like the pictures. Seems like a nice update to both the interior and exterior. Depends on the students showing up or their section will be much more prevalent being open. Looks like the old video board is gone, unless they just didn't include it in the renders (like the banners which aren't shown).

I wonder what they will do with the concrete memorial posts?

I hope so. I like the pictures. Seems like a nice update to both the interior and exterior. Depends on the students showing up or their section will be much more prevalent being open. Looks like the old video board is gone, unless they just didn't include it in the renders (like the banners which aren't shown).

Those are the last ones I saw, the video board is definitely being replaced by those large screens in the upper corners. I think the total seat count is estimated to be somewhere between 10-11k.

If you look in the very top right corner you can see a hint of the banners.

Also think it looks good, but you can't really tell what they're doing with the upper deck. What changes up there are going to knock out ~3000 seats?

Students along one side? I like it but wonder what the current occupiers of seats in those few rows will think. When is this projected to be completed?

Last edited:
Also think it looks good, but you can't really tell what they're doing with the upper deck. What changes up there are going to knock out ~3000 seats?

I'd think that cutting out the corner seats to put in 4 video boards should be plenty to reduce seating that much... would probably take out the equivalent of about 8 sections of seats.

Those are the last ones I saw, the video board is definitely being replaced by those large screens in the upper corners. I think the total seat count is estimated to be somewhere between 10-11k.
I kept looking for the screens in the corners on my phone but couldn't find them. The mobile version cut off the edges of the picture. So pardon my mistake on some of my comments. Makes sense now that I have the full picture.

Last edited:
The only "meh" aspect I can possibly find is the cutouts in the lower corners. I'd much prefer a more continuous seating arrangement or a smaller gap (tunnel?).

Back