• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lockheed C-5 Galaxy just landed right over my head. (HD Video)

Ah okay - saw a really big plane landing there on Tuesday that my coworkers and I were talking about.

Was that the main runway or the FedEx runway, and was the guy in the speeding truck there to make sure you weren't a terrorist?

Was that the main runway or the FedEx runway, and was the guy in the speeding truck there to make sure you weren't a terrorist?

The original runway (I'm guessing that's the main one). That's what I thought at first, but no... he was someone from Colonial Pipeline.

Saw that thing from the golf course. It made a few passes, didn't it? I saw it and then saw it again a few minutes later taking a pretty tight turn. Pretty cool.

Air Force one and planes like this use PTI (Greensboro Airport) to practice touch-and-go landings somewhat regularly - a several times per year. We are friends with the guy who used to run the tower - he said PTI is the closest airport to DC area (for air force one) that has long-runways and is not overly busy.

Back