• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Looking at the 2014 Senate races

Rubio is weak, although I don't know if Florida dems have anybody to make a convincing run against him. Same for Burr in NC.

Rubio is weak, although I don't know if Florida dems have anybody to make a convincing run against him. Same for Burr in NC.

If Hagan wins this time, no way Pubs would stand for having both their Senators being Dems unless Hillary were to carry NC and the wave carried over to the senate race (provided they could find a strong candidate). Wonder if Heath Shuler would want to get back into politics?

Real Clear Politics has both Georgia's Senate race (D-Nunn vs R-Perdue) and gubernatorial race (D-Carter vs R-Deal) as toss ups.. Nunn has been steadily gaining ground since August.

Can you elaborate on what a GOP controlled Senate might do between now and 2016? Just curious what the implications would be, thanks

Absolutely nothing. Literally. They could possibly force Obama to veto some things, but I'm guessing we will see just more gridlock. Just the faces on the filibusters will change.

Can you elaborate on what a GOP controlled Senate might do between now and 2016? Just curious what the implications would be, thanks

They won't do anything. There will be total gridlock. The only reason something might happen is the GOP will be deadset on proving they're not solely obstructionist while Obama simultaneously decides not to be against anything proposed while as a lame duck. I can't imagine Boehner and McConnell putting forth any legitimate issues though. I would imagine there will be some immigration "reform" that's front and center. They will probably try to pass some legislation to curb what they believe are the particularly heinous parts of the ACA, but that's probably about it.

If they were going to try to pass legislation to curb parts of ACA, they would have done that in the House instead of multiple repeal votes.

I, for one, am looking forward to the weekly Obamacare repeal votes and some nonsense religious liberty aka Christians codifying discrimination legislation. Should be a blast.

Back