• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Looks like we have a Rhodes winner

Or at least end up there.

In all seriousness, I've briefly met Jim and he seems like a bright kid. He was confused why I didn't want to go to grad school.

Congrats. That's awesome.

Looks like 4 from the ACC. Two from uva, one from gt, and one from Wake.

Most days I really feel like I have my shit together. Then I read an article about a kid like this and just feel... less than.

Good for him and good on the school, really glad there are people like this out there.

O'Connell? Sounds like a rich Irish oppressor. He's definitively a racist and 1%er!

Last edited:
The first comment on the W-SJ article (http://www.journalnow.com/news/local/article_53ac4bb2-5581-11e3-8d55-0019bb30f31a.html):

"and his degree was in what ?? and at oxford he is gonna study what ? will he end up in DC never having worked a day in his life after college going to tell we, the people what is in our best interests as they do now ?/ no thanks..we have enough crap dealers in DC now..don't need anymore.."

SMH

He's working right now for the University. It's a full time job. SMH.

He's working right now for the University. It's a full time job. SMH.

Right. And he wants to go into the Navy post-Oxford. I've got a hunch that the person who wrote that comment is a STAUNCH supporter of the Armed Forces.

Interesting to read the list of schools. It's like an old Imus "which doesn't belong & why" routine.

I usually read the profiles of the Rhodes winners and find everything unbearably pretentious, but this guys seems humble, down-to-earth, and well-grounded. Congrats and best of luck!!

Congrats to him.

Wake has a great record producing Rhodes scholars. I know folks at Davidson, for example, that are jelly.

Back