• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville game: 12:20

Just as an FYI: Wake Forest will win on Saturday. Smiles and good feelings will abound for those in Deaconland.

Just putting that out there in advance, in case anyone had lingering doubts about this game, our program or our coach.

Last edited:
Just as an FYI: Wake Forest will win on Saturday. Smiles and good feelings will abound for those in Deaconland.

Just putting that out there in advance, in case anyone had lingering doubts about this game, our program or our coach.

Hope you're right. I think we're going to get destroyed, and not because I think Clawson is awful or we don't have a good team. I think everyone in the program is pretty deflated right now, and Lamar Jackson is still the best player in college football. Scary set-up.

So my son has a soccer game at noon in W-S so we're thinking of moseying over to the game around halftime. What is the ticket situation for that? Can we just sneak in then?

Hope you're right. I think we're going to get destroyed, and not because I think Clawson is awful or we don't have a good team. I think everyone in the program is pretty deflated right now, and Lamar Jackson is still the best player in college football. Scary set-up.

Don't really understand why we should be that deflated. Teams lose games, and often in way more harrowing circumstances than how we lost to GT. If we can't get over that or a three-game losing streak to three good, talented teams then that's a remarkable lack of being able to handle adversity

Don't really understand why we should be that deflated. Teams lose games, and often in way more harrowing circumstances than we lost to GT. If we can't get over that then that's a remarkable lack of being able to handle adversity

Fans get deflated. Players and coaches move on.

I have this awful feeling that we're going to finish 4-8. It's just the Wake Forest in me.

Projected score--Wake 38 Louisville 27
Coaches lunch today they said we are within 500 tickets of a sellout for Saturday. Wear all black...black shoes, black socks, pants, shirts & hats. Barry Faircloth said Total BlackOut!

If they want a black out don't you think the Deacon Club should get the word out? No emails or robocalls this week, and we are leaving this afternoon to make the trip.

On Against All Odds podcast hosted by Cousin Sal they do a segment called Sharp Tank where his buddies all pitch him their best bet for the weekend and he selects the one he wants to invest in. One of the guys pitched Wake Forest at +3 over Louisville as his best bet of the week.

Good news: Sal picked the Wake Forest bet as the one he would invest in.
Bad news: Every other week they've done this segment, the wager Sal picks ends up being wrong.

Here the pod - segment probably starts around minute 38 or so. Then if you want to hear a mostly insane interview with Lenny Dykstra it immediately follows
https://www.theringer.com/2017/10/2...futures-betting-baseball-and-the-hall-of-fame

I'm with you. Was looking over lines last night and Louisville -3 looked like the best pick.

When Wake teams are on tilt..... they're on tilt. Especially Clawson led teams. See last year. Or the year before that. Or the year before that.

Louisville by two TD's at least. Sorry guys.

That being said by amazing start to the gambling season has also been on tilt and I'm back to even. So what do I know.

Projected score--Wake 38 Louisville 27
Coaches lunch today they said we are within 500 tickets of a sellout for Saturday. Wear all black...black shoes, black socks, pants, shirts & hats. Barry Faircloth said Total BlackOut!

Do not take it too far though.

LLeDr.png

If memory serves, Wake students were criticized on ESPN for the black paint recently. It is really ESPN that should be blacked out, but that's for another thread.

We should do a gold out sometime, especially for a rain game - DC buys 32,000 chrome gold ponchos, similar to those foil blanket things runners get after marathons. Would be pretty legit.

I'm with you. Was looking over lines last night and Louisville -3 looked like the best pick.

When Wake teams are on tilt..... they're on tilt. Especially Clawson led teams. See last year. Or the year before that. Or the year before that.

Louisville by two TD's at least. Sorry guys.

That being said by amazing start to the gambling season has also been on tilt and I'm back to even. So what do I know.

My general feeling as well. Hope I'm wrong.

Back