• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville game: 12:20

I'm glad that announcer chided our defense for letting Louisville score so easily down the stretch. Just not a good way to end the game even though victory was sealed.

But we won, that's the main thing.

Agree. Giving up the late scores and the fact that we still can't get a single GD yard on fourth and short were very disappointing, but otherwise great win and very happy to beat L'ville and Petrino.

I recommend we go up to Notre Dame and secure bowl eligibility. May as well get it over with.

Been saying it all year but the best receiver we’ve had at Wake in 30+ years. He’s Steve Smith 2.0

Great win and hell of an effort by Wolford and the offense. Let’s get to 7-5 now and go to a nice bowl game.

I see him as more of a Desean Jackson than Steve Smith, but I'll take either

Complain about FSU all you want, but I'm glad we played BC before they woke up. Schedule worked out for us there, so I'm not too bothered by it.

Been saying it all year but the best receiver we’ve had at Wake in 30+ years. He’s Steve Smith 2.0

Great win and hell of an effort by Wolford and the offense. Let’s get to 7-5 now and go to a nice bowl game.

Because he wears #89

OR

Because he is short and small?

I see him as more of a Desean Jackson than Steve Smith, but I'll take either

Doesn’t run a 4.3 like desean. Apart from being small, Dortch was not well recruited because of his digital timed 40.

Zero penalties called against Louisville today. I find that remarkable. Several plays clearly looked like offensive holding.

The only thing that would have made today better would have been Chuck Wade dropping the Heisman pose after that beautiful, glorious Fuck You TD.

There were complaints of Clawson running up the score in the game thread on the Louisville board, which was even sweeter.

Zero penalties called against Louisville today. I find that remarkable. Several plays clearly looked like offensive holding.

I don't get into the refs-made-us-lose game, but it's known that refs take into account the apparent talent level of the teams when deciding "judgment calls". I'm reasonably certain that had Wake done what Louisville's OL was doing holding would've been called.

9:04 - Clawson has definitely read Brasky's thread.

Dortch has made me think of Santana Moss. But I'm cool with Steve Smith and Desean Jackson. :)

Play with same focus on offense as we did today and 7-5 is very likely with 8-4 not out of the question. The FUCK YOU TD may be the proudest I've been of a coach since 2006. It was more than deserved.

Cannot say enough about the offensive line today. As Wolford said in the postgame, "They never touched me." That is a big part of why he went 28 of 34. And then they opened holes for Colburn all day. While they were not perfect, they were impressive.

As for the defense, eleven tackles for loss with six of those being sacks of Jackson is equally impressive to me. While we gave up some big plays to Jackson, no one has really shut him down this year.

Finally, and because they seem to catch so much flack on here, the coaches did an awesome job of getting the guys ready. It is amazing what you can accomplish when the other team does not have your plays.

Back