• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Game Review

Little biased on Crump because he is from down in Jacksonville, but the kid had 30+ catches on the worst offense of all time last year. Hard to imagine he wouldn't have helped in some way this year. Bigger issue I see is that there are over 20 commits and no where near enough spots, so some of these older kids are going to be asked to leave. Hope Clawson can manage the PR on that.

I thought Crump looked pretty decent. With Washington and Claude being unknowns I think there is a spot for him outside next year if the numbers work out. I've written off Tyree.

Little biased on Crump because he is from down in Jacksonville, but the kid had 30+ catches on the worst offense of all time last year. Hard to imagine he wouldn't have helped in some way this year. Bigger issue I see is that there are over 20 commits and no where near enough spots, so some of these older kids are going to be asked to leave. Hope Clawson can manage the PR on that.

Yeah, I'm probably being too hard on Crump last year, just seemed like a lot of the time there was any time to throw guys didn't get open and we got nothing down field last year. I think Clawson has come in and said if there's not much difference between a player already here and a younger player he brought in or rerecruited, he's going to go with the former. Hopefully it pays off down the road, can't believe that Tyree isn't ahead of Alex Bachman on the depth chart though.

With the bye week last week, snap count info from the Louisville game was just recently made available. A few highlights:

QB: Wolford had 35 snaps. Hinton had 29 snaps.

RB: Tyler Bell had 50 snaps. Matt Colburn had 11 snaps. If that stat is correct, it means that Colburn carried the ball every snap that he was on the field.

Slot / Flanker: Tabari Hines 53, Chuck Wade 28

Right Tackle: Phil Haynes was replaced after 21 snaps. Ryan Anderson played last 52 snaps total (a handful of those snaps must have come at another position before Haynes was replaced). Clawson said yesterday that they have not yet decided who will start against Notre Dame. Haynes is still #1 on the depth chart.

Defensive End: Duke Ejiofor (58 snaps) and Wendell Dunn (50 snaps) are now getting much more PT than Chris Stewart (22 snaps) and Chris Calhoun (15 snaps)

Cornerback: Dionte Austin 88 snaps, Devin Gaulden 3 snaps

Safety: Cameron Glenn played 45 snaps in his first game back from the ankle injury. Zach Dancel (65 snaps) and Ryan Janvion (63 snaps) saw more playing time.

In his press conference yesterday, Clawson noted that they knew that the secondary would be an issue for us coming into the year. He noted that the two post-grad transfers had never started a game for their former teams. I don’t recall him emphasizing that point before.

I noticed also that when Clawson says that we would be down in the secondary that he would mention the reason was due to the loses of KJ and Bud. Today was the first time I heard him mentioning how we missed Wooding too. He must be very Unimpressed with our safety position and/or he didn't really realize that Wooding was a quality player for us.

Gaulden definitely started a handful of games at Wisconsin. Sounds like corch might be a bit of lair

Back