• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

So much bad, but we arguably have 2 of the best 3 QBs in the ACC. Props to Hartman coming in cold and slinging it around.

It sure looked clear to me that CBS was lying on his back with the ball in his arm. Not sure what more conclusive evidence they needed to overturn. I wonder what the refs would say, specifically, that they needed in order to overturn that.

Refs really should be forced to explain their decisions not just tell you what the call is

We got fucked.

Fuck these refs. Fuck Louisville those cheating fucks

Fusiondad is still a UNC fan in WFU fan's clothing. Fuck these refs and some of the shit we had to deal with tonight. Even making some obiously bad mistakes (mostly special teams, :sick:) we didn't deserve to lose this. So many shit no-PI calls stalled out drives and limited our offense.

It would have looked a lot more respectable on TV if even half of our “fans” showed up to the game.

Was in W-S three weeks ago. The 'I'm a Fan' thing cracked me up. The only places that I saw the signs were in Buena Vista.

So much bad, but we arguably have 2 of the best 3 QBs in the ACC. Props to Hartman coming in cold and slinging it around.

+1 to this, really reinforced that Hartman is a damn good QB and hope he sticks around and waits for his time to shine after (during?) Newman era. He made some great throws tonight.

Bad defense, bad refs, bad turnovers. Offense played great, Newman & Hartman are both legit. Wellman jinxed the game. Have to beat FSU next week and get back on track.

Refs really should be forced to explain their decisions not just tell you what the call is

All the more reason that replays should be made by a replay ref in a locked room who only sees the play and doesn't know the call on the field or the score or the situation. He has 90 seconds to watch every possible angle and made the call. If he doesn't the call is automatically overturned. The goal of replay should be to get the call right, not to determine if the officials were right.

Bad defense, bad refs, bad turnovers. Offense played great, Newman & Hartman are both legit. Wellman jinxed the game. Have to beat FSU next week and get back on track.

I'm ok with putting this on Wellman too, he's got majorly bad vibes.

Special teams? Three TDs due to special teams, at least. Three more potentially due to offensive turnovers. D played bad and didn't have the right game plan on the edges against TuTu Fuckface, but this was poor overall coaching #1.

Attended the game. Posting this from the parking lot. Just a few immediate thoughts:

#1 The special teams coach needs to be in Clawson's office tomorrow morning by 7:00 am
#2 The ACC officiating absolutely must improve. It's damn comical
#3 The local fan support for this team was abysmal. And NO it had NOTHING to do with students!
#4 The reaction to Ron Wellman Night (aka LOOK-AT-ME) was met with lots of people looking down at their phones and golf claps

Go Deacs

Fusiondad is still a UNC fan in WFU fan's clothing. Fuck these refs and some of the shit we had to deal with tonight. Even making some obiously bad mistakes (mostly special teams, :sick:) we didn't deserve to lose this. So many shit no-PI calls stalled out drives and limited our offense.

Three key calls that changed the game:

1)Washington no catch - we had to punt and they scored
2) Hinton - No call pass interference that got intercepted in scoring territory
3) On side call - Wake recovered and given to Louisville. That was the error. If given to Wake it would not have been overturned.

Special teams? Three TDs due to special teams, at least. Three more potentially due to offensive turnovers. D played bad and didn't have the right game plan on the edges against TuTu Fuckface, but this was poor overall coaching #1.

Special teams is a break even because they did in reality recover 2 onside kicks.

Sometimes I think they're more concerned with not embarrassing the refs with an overturn than in actually getting the call right.

Yes the refs blew the last call, but that was the worst our defense has played since Clawson fired the DC. Guys just not playing their assignments. Not closing if the edge and over reacting. Just pitiful. The last TD showed all of this. We never closed down the QB. Shameful

Elrod was running the booth review. You heard it here first.

All the more reason that replays should be made by a replay ref in a locked room who only sees the play and doesn't know the call on the field or the score or the situation. He has 90 seconds to watch every possible angle and made the call. If he doesn't the call is automatically overturned. The goal of replay should be to get the call right, not to determine if the officials were right.

Goddamn, you must be a doctor or something. This is the smartest thing I’ve ever read on the interwebs

So fitting the time they honor Wellman we get f*cked over. He doesn't deserve a toilet named after him, let alone a whole facility and street. Way to go DC.

In a game with a ton of killer plays, the one that really stood out is letting their true frosh scamper for 10 yards on 3rd and 11 on the play before he scored the TD run on the fourth and one. I'm sure UL told him to just tuck it if he didn't have anything wide open. Not sure how we don't have a spy on him in that situation. Or perhaps we did, and that player screwed up and got out of position. Stop him for less than 5 yards, and they probably end up punting. Of course they probably still would have gone for it - and we probably would have given up a big play.

Three key calls that changed the game:

1)Washington no catch - we had to punt and they scored
2) Hinton - No call pass interference that got intercepted in scoring territory
3) On side call - Wake recovered and given to Louisville. That was the error. If given to Wake it would not have been overturned.

I do not understand how the officials can say a ball hit the ground without seeing the ball hit the ground or an obvious bounce.

Back