• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Interim President to Make Major Announcement at 12:05 today

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
NCAA announces Louisville’s 2013 national title banner is coming down.

Meh

Anything short of firing both coaches is pretty minor.

NCAA's lesson: if you are going to cheat, do it with academics not cash payments.

They are also announcing that Cheetahs is opening a franchise venue in the L'vill Men's Sports Dorm and having a Thunder Down Under Show to meet Title IX requirements.

Meh

Yeah, I was at that National Championship game here in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure Louisville won the game and their fans celebrated. I'll check with my Michigan co-workers and see if they are celebrating as hard today.

Vacating things is pretty unimpactful and dumb.

Agree that vacating championships/wins is almost meaningless. Anyone feel better about Grobe's 2012 season now that ND vacated their 38-0 win over the Deacs?

Meh

I was hoping that Petrino was getting canned

I guess the NCAA had to punish someone for UNC making a fool of them.

I guess the NCAA had to punish someone for UNC making a fool of them.
Yeah, it's not like Louisville coaches provided prostitutes and strippers to their players and recruits in the basketball dorm.

Does this make Duke Nat. Champ or is there just not one for 2013?

Or the NCAA takes that tournament appearance money back. Meaning that L "earned" that money by cheating, therefore the NCAA is "unpaying" that money to L and the ACC.

Back