• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Love this quote!

ironwill24

Reaction score
"Some people get too old," said Campbell, the 1977 Heisman Trophy winner with the Longhorns and NFL Hall of Famer after an eight-year career with the Houston Oilers and, briefly, the New Orleans Saints. "If players get too old to play a game, why can't a coach get too old to coach it?"

This was from an article on ESPN about a former Texas player calling for Mack Brown to be fired...So applicable right now.

"I'd just say this, I take my hat off for USC for what they've done," Campbell said of one of the other top jobs, left temporarily vacant Sunday after the Trojans fired Lane Kiffin. "They didn't mess around with it. They just said, 'Let's do it now.' I think at some point our university's people are going to have make a decision."

"Some people get too old," said Campbell, the 1977 Heisman Trophy winner with the Longhorns and NFL Hall of Famer after an eight-year career with the Houston Oilers and, briefly, the New Orleans Saints. "If players get too old to play a game, why can't a coach get too old to coach it?"

This was from an article on ESPN about a former Texas player calling for Mack Brown to be fired...So applicable right now.

Or too comfortable, it's not like Grobe is 80, he's 61. He's young enough if he still had the desire and hunger, he just doesn't have it.

I personally think over 60 is too old to coach. You just don't have the energy or drive to keep up with the younger coaches.

I personally think over 60 is too old to coach. You just don't have the energy or drive to keep up with the younger coaches.

It depends on the individual and the assistants a head coach surrounds himself with. Unfortunately Grobe is too laid back to be a good older coach I think and the liability of his assistants speaks for itself.

Fergie-EPL-title-2013.jpg

The best coach in college football is 61 and there is not a close second. His drive is what makes him outstanding. And I hate Alabama.

Back