• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lowe released from team?

Lowe is too fucking stupid to be a student at Wake.

Yes, that's why he made the Academic All-ACC Team last year. That certainly isn't the end all be all for intelligence, but he is certainly not stupid.

That is what makes his decision-making all the more frustrating in my opinion.

He was most recently arrested in January in Pinellas County, Fla. by St. Petersburg police on a charge of felony aggravated assault. He pleaded not guilty in May and is due in court Monday for a pre-trial hearing.
To date, Lowe has paid $5,000 in restitution to the victim of January's assault, Kory Coleman.

Other board.

Yes, that's why he made the Academic All-ACC Team last year. That certainly isn't the end all be all for intelligence, but he is certainly not stupid.

That is what makes his decision-making all the more frustrating in my opinion.

3osiv0.jpg

He was most recently arrested in January in Pinellas County, Fla. by St. Petersburg police on a charge of felony aggravated assault. He pleaded not guilty in May and is due in court Monday for a pre-trial hearing.
To date, Lowe has paid $5,000 in restitution to the victim of January's assault, Kory Coleman.

Other board.

And from the Journal article:

Grobe, citing privacy concerns, said Monday he couldn't comment on the reasons for Lowe's dismissal, but the Winston-Salem Journal reported in October of 2012 that Lowe was arrested for felony possession with intent to sell and distribute marijuana. He pleaded guilty in February for misdemeanor possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and another charge of possession of stolen goods. He entered a deferred-prosecution program, and was required to complete 50 hours of community service.

Lowe has a court date in Forsyth on Tuesday on the charges mentioned by the journal. I guess it's time to go back for the deferred prosecution issue.

I've finally come to terms with the fact that 06-08 was a fluke. Just the perfect combination of getting lucky with players, a down acc, and a motivated coaching staff. We are never getting back to that. Players on those teams never got booted, did we look the other way more then or did we just start taking more chances on guys.

I've finally come to terms with the fact that 06-08 was a fluke. Just the perfect combination of getting lucky with players, a down acc, and a motivated coaching staff. We are never getting back to that. Players on those teams never got booted, did we look the other way more then or did we just start taking more chances on guys.

We had some academic casualties in those years. Brandon Ghee was ineligible the championship season, and I feel like someone pretty notable was the next year as well. Dennis Godfrey had his issue in that time, and Eric Berry got booted I believe. Nothing like losing half the team for weed and fighting though.

Boldin lost a year for academics as well.

Wasn't that around the time that Cornelius Birgs killed a guy? I guess he had already been off the team a couple years.

To me this was maybe the key to our championship season. And in no way does it diminish it in my eyes b/c we still had to have talent (witness our NFL draftees and a really good team again the following year), but we were good/not great at the right time for a struggling ACC.

You never want to have these incidents, but with any group of 100 18-22 year-old boys/men, it's going to happen. Everyone here seems very enamored with the Vandy program right now, and they just booted 4 kids who will be prosecuted for rape. If you were in a fraternity at WF (where most kids had a far more privileged background than the majority of the members of the football team), there were even more 18-22 year-olds arrested for dumb-ass transgressions (or not caught for things that they could/should have been arrested for). The fact is that in this age group males find their way into trouble and it's almost always senseless.

Not excusing the program or Lowe, but to act like this never happened at other points in WF football or to other similarly situated groups is simply wrong. Every football program (even D-3) and non-football programs with a similar number of males in this age group has a group of idiots that do inexplicably dumb stuff. If you are down on the program, this is just another reason to point fingers on the staff, and if you are high on the program, this is just "boys will be boys".

Last edited:
Wellman seems to have a higher standard than "boys will be boys".

Wellman seems to have a higher standard than "boys will be boys".

Not sure Wellman would be talking about the Wake Forest Way as the reason to dump Dino if the team had not collapsed at the end of Dino's last season. Wins cure everything. Losses cause deeper examination.

Historically Mediocre.

I remember when Lowe brawled with a former WF football player before he had even been to one practice. It is a miracle he lasted this long.

Back