• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOWF … Nobody predicting Wake over State

All4taron

Reaction score
LOWF…. Every sports news outlet…including….. CBS sports w Danny Kanell and Brady Quinn … EJ Manuel on Packer and Durham…. Everybody on Wuffies…..sure GameDay crew will be too

Love it! They just don’t know! Let’s go Deacs!!!!

LOWF…. Every sports news outlet…including….. CBS sports w Danny Kanell and Brady Quinn … EJ Manuel on Packer and Durham…. Everybody on Wuffies…..sure GameDay crew will be too

Love it! They just don’t know! Let’s go Deacs!!!!

Good. Let them continue to underestimate us. I heard someone on ESPN talking about how the ACC was Pitt's to lose.

Just heard that on Dusty and Danny as well. TJDK Hoping all the naysayers have provided a little extra motivation!

Hopefully one silver lining of the UNC loss is we get all the noise behind us and are back to being underestimated. It was probably a ton of pressure on guys who’d never flown that close to the sun before. I’m sure we’re focused and I bet State is loving but hating that we lost that game.

If shoe was on the other foot and State had their first loss week before on road as top 10 against Tarholes and we were playing them under lights in Raleigh, we would all be shaking in our boots right now.

Clawson has schemed Doeren for years. This game got nothing to do with UNC. Scheming is underrated. All this junk about we score to fast is ridiculous. Coach R job is to score as many points as fast as he can. The defense job is to get stops. And the way we score means you need less stops. So just play damn football and get a few stops. That's it.

Kelly Gramlich on the Gramlich and Mac Lain podcast picked us. Also, just a shoutout for that podcast because it’s fun and good.

The public didn't believe in WF. Now that WF lost, and particularly with how WF lost last week, a lot of experts are expecting a collapse. Don't think so. Have faith in Clawson, the experienced roster and our QB. Also, for whatever reason, WF has played very well at home in recent years (11-1 over the last 12). This is senior day. Think WF will play hard and smart for 60 minutes.

The public didn't believe in WF. Now that WF lost, and particularly with how WF lost last week, a lot of experts are expecting a collapse. Don't think so. Have faith in Clawson, the experienced roster and our QB. Also, for whatever reason, WF has played very well at home in recent years (11-1 over the last 12). This is senior day. Think WF will play hard and smart for 60 minutes.

The problem I see is if we don't get a couple guys back that went out last week, will we be too under manned in the secondary?

NCS has a good football team. Let’s be honest. Their offensive output is nothing close to WF. Their defense has allowed them to win some games against teams that have good offenses but not great. Even if Wakes defense is average it seems unlikely they will be able to keep up. If Wake wins the turnover battle they win going away. That’s my rose colored glass prediction.

NCS has a good football team. Let’s be honest. Their offensive output is nothing close to WF. Their defense has allowed them to win some games against teams that have good offenses but not great. Even if Wakes defense is average it seems unlikely they will be able to keep up. If Wake wins the turnover battle they win going away. That’s my rose colored glass prediction.

Yeah, I think some of us are just afraid our defense is going to allow their offense to significantly outperform what they've shown this season. They have two really, really good back and a good O-line and our run defense has stunk to high heaven.

Now we get to see Clawson when he is more pissed off than anytime I've listened to him. He's ultra pissed off. Pretty sure people got worn out this week. We see how they respond.

We’ve given up 872 points against Army and UNC. Every game for this team is a tossup going forward.

I do not have a problem with this. We had a chance to earn some respect on the field and we looked awful with an embarrassing defensive melt down to boot. We jumped the shark in what many pundits saw as our first real test closing the season. Not just we lost, the way we lost. We may never receive the respect we deserve when we deserve it, but we did this to ourselves. Win and give us something to gripe about. Our bigger destiny ACC championship and after is in our court and we control our destiny. If we do win out, I suspect we will really have something to whine about. Win!

I do not have a problem with this. We had a chance to earn some respect on the field and we looked awful with an embarrassing defensive melt down to boot. We jumped the shark in what many pundits saw as our first real test closing the season. Not just we lost, the way we lost. We may never receive the respect we deserve when we deserve it, but we did this to ourselves. Win and give us something to gripe about. Our bigger destiny ACC championship and after is in our court and we control our destiny. If we do win out, I suspect we will really have something to whine about. Win!

Beat State. Don't overthink it.

We do better when people predict against us so hopefully they will the rest of the year

Back