• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Magic kingdom or Epcot?

tiltdeac

Reaction score
Wife and I are doing a last second Disney trip today. Will get there around lunch time. We are in our late 20s. Which park would you choose?

I think it depends on what you're trying to do. Magic Kingdom is more quintessential Disney and has more/more fun rides. Epcot has a lot of drinking, is less crowded (at least it was a few weeks ago) and has awesome countries.

Epcot for just you and the wife. No brainer.

Epcot is better for adults. Go to the World Showcase and drink all the beers. We'll be there later today. Looking forward to eating at the Coral Reef tonight, they have a ginormous fishtank that I can't wait to see.

I think it depends on what you're trying to do. Magic Kingdom is more quintessential Disney and has more/more fun rides. Epcot has a lot of drinking, is less crowded (at least it was a few weeks ago) and has awesome countries.

Does MK have any rides that are actually fun for adults? (besides space mountain)

Epcot is better for adults. Go to the World Showcase and drink all the beers. We'll be there later today. Looking forward to eating at the Coral Reef tonight, they have a ginormous fishtank that I can't wait to see.

Oh man I think I went there for my very first Disney trip as a kid, but I was like 4 so I can't quite remember...

BEWARE MARCUS!!!!!!

don't listen to cookout, he is a proven MK hater.

Because it was miserable last time I went. Just a shit ton of kids and strollers and a 2 hour wait for space mountain. You'd hate it too bro, I know your opinions on children.

Does MK have any rides that are actually fun for adults? (besides space mountain)

Thunder Mountain Railroad. I also like The Pirates of the Caribbean, small world, teacups, Peter Pan, Dumbo, buzz light year, and barnstormer, although I'm usually riding with my kids.

Thunder Mountain Railroad. I also like The Pirates of the Caribbean, small world, teacups, Peter Pan, Dumbo, buzz light year, and barnstormer, although I'm usually riding with my kids.

All of these suck without kids (except Bezz Lightyear). Thunder Mountain Railroad is the biggest joke of a ride.

All of these suck without kids (except Bezz Lightyear). Thunder Mountain Railroad is the biggest joke of a ride.

Don't hate on Pirates. I will find you and push you off the plank.

That's just a baby coaster right? It was broken last time I went, but I seem to recall it reminding me of gold rush at carowinds or something lame like that, and my knees couldn't fit in the seats.

The rest are only fun because you have kids. I did them for nostalgia purposes but they weren't worth waiting in line for (or dealing with all the angry moms with strollers).

That's just a baby coaster right? It was broken last time I went, but I seem to recall it reminding me of gold rush at carowinds or something lame like that, and my knees couldn't fit in the seats.

The rest are only fun because you have kids. I did them for nostalgia purposes but they weren't worth waiting in line for (or dealing with all the angry moms with strollers).

Gold Rush at Carowinds > Thunder Mountain Railroad on the actual ride. TMR has a lot better theming though.

#TeamCookout

Thunder Mountain Railroad is no better than those prop-up roller coasters at any county fair.

Back