• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mahatma Gandhi would be proud of the BuzzOut movement

thedeacfan

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Persistence is the key to success for any non-violent resistance movement. If Mahatma Gandhi were a Wake fan today, I think he would be a an ardent BuzzOuter.

"Many movements which promote philosophies of nonviolence or pacifism have pragmatically adopted the methods of nonviolent action as an effective way to achieve social or political goals. They employ nonviolent resistance tactics such as: information warfare, picketing, vigils, leafletting, samizdat, magnitizdat, satyagraha, protest art, protest music and poetry, community education and consciousness raising, lobbying, tax resistance, civil disobedience, boycotts or sanctions, legal/diplomatic wrestling, sabotage, underground railroads, principled refusal of awards/honours, and general strikes. Nonviolent action differs from pacifism by potentially being proactive and interventionist."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_resistance

Look at that list of non-violent tactics. The BuzzOut movement has actually employed quite a few of them. The one that we have not done a very good job of is lobbying, specifically the BOT.

Last edited:
Yes because so many other American sports protests go by way of violence???

Unless ya'll go on a 40-day hunger strike for change I don't think he'd appreciate your commitment to non violence here

But I appreciate the Stuart smiley ishness of your self congratulatory post

We are the lunatics that want him out. Apparently approx. 90% of the fan base are lunatics. The other ten percent are the rationalists and realists., the true fans. Just ask them.

ssmalley.jpg

I would like to start the "protest music and poetry" phase of the #buzzout movement with the following original poem:

A tree,
a rock,
rock bottom,
basketball.

Imagine if the billboard had included a picture of Gandhi. Now THAT'S a billboard that would've gotten some press!

Fighting racism, freeing a nation from imperialism, assassinated for preaching religious tolerance, caring deeply about a small university's in America basketball coach.

Fighting racism, freeing a nation from imperialism, assassinated for preaching religious tolerance, caring deeply about a small university's in America basketball coach.

What a legacy! It kinda gets ya... right... here. :tear:

Back