• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Making my first trip to Cameron today

Wear a t shirt. It is hot in there.

In my experience the Duke fans have always been friendly. They are loud and pretty funny, but never rude to me.

I just smiled and laughed a lot. They stopped ribbing me in the 2nd half a little when they took a 20 pt lead.

Wear a t shirt. It is hot in there.

In my experience the Duke fans have always been friendly. They are loud and pretty funny, but never rude to me.

This is accurate. I have been three times, twice to see them play Wake. No matter the weather outside it is always hot in Cameron.

I feels a lot like a high school game honestly with the way the student section acts and the size.

definitely wear a t shirt - it's really hot.

Also, the game will be intense at the beginning - the atmosphere makes it seem like the game hinges on every play that happens - enjoy that until we are so far behind it doesn't matter

It's a fun place to go. I have always enjoyed going there, but have never sat in the student section - most of the general crowd has been fun to talk to and aren't the pretentious dbags you'd expect.

Cameron is a dump. I never have understood everyone's affinity to the place.

Old, hot, cramped and uncomfortable.

It's an overrated Cracker Jack box of a gym where the heat is always cranked up. It's like the grandma's house of basketball venues. Old white dudes freaking love it.

It's a neat place to watch a game, until we're down by 20. The time I went, I sat upstairs and didn't get heckled or anything other then some old guy behind me complaining about season ticket holders selling to opposing team fans. It does have a certain high school gym feel to it which the Duke fans love and fans of the "good ol days" of college basketball rave about. I wasn't overwhelmed by it and it is old. Enjoy it!

As far as old school small gyms go, I prefer Cassell Coliseum in Blacksburg. It's about 20 years newer than Cameron, but it's a beautiful facility that gets really loud.

I have been to four Wake games there, but they have all been pretty big blowouts. I have actually had people be very rude to me, especially -- as someone mentioned -- for fans "selling" their season tickets to opposing fans. As long as you aren't obnoxious (as Wake fans are usually not), they will leave you alone, but with a patronizing and pretentious sort of nose upturn.

Go there to cheer on the deacs and say you've been, but don't expect to have fun.

Back