• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Making your own moonshine or other liquors

TARDAWG

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Always been a big fan of the show, and last week with the storm on it’s way in I almost bought a home distiller to have some fun while the rest of the community was killing loafs of bread and chasing it with milk. I got distracted at work and never placed my order for the simple unit on Amazon. Anyone here ever make their own shine? I have made beer and wine, but talking moonshine and the like. This unit seems to get 4 stars from most. Some complain about the durability, but for the most part seems to work fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Distiller-Mo...?ie=UTF8&qid=1483974776&sr=8-2&keywords=Still

71xr6nNMNRL._SL1209_.jpg

Kinda early for the UNC game thread.

Too busy making my own meth or other Schedule II drugs!

We use to run liquor when I was in college. We would do a corn based mash with champagne yeast. We converted a bunch of old keg shells into fermenting tanks and stills, and ran them in the woods behind our house. Each keg run would make about a gallon of liquor after we ran it a couple times. We had a four still set up for fermenting and four for running.

We would take a four gallon run and flavor them down to 6 gallons, broken down by the pint, pints would run around $10-15 depending who we sold it to.

Good times, as far as I know nobody ever went blind.

Also still have really strong connections up in that part of the world to get quality (much better than we were running lol) clear.

Last edited:
Back