• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Man of Steel (with spoilers)

saw it, was entertained but not blown away.

to much of people being punched through things/sliding

Saw it today and enjoyed it, but it didn't live up to the hype. Agree with the critics on some of their sentiments. For one, I didn't really like the way they did the back story of Superman with constant flashbacks to his childhood. I guess this was done to show the human emotions that he struggles with and to attempt to build depth to his character, but it made the film seem less cohesive as a result.

In terms of the acting and the writing, I agree that it was a bit overdone at times and some of the lines from Shannon were just atrocious. I did think there was more humor in the movie than the critics led on and that Russell Crowe's role was solid. I wish they had spent more time on the characters from his past likes his parents as you didn't really get to know them at all and in the end it all just seemed thrown together.

In terms of the action, I agree that this should definitely be seen at an IMAX theater to get the most of it. It truly is breathtaking at times, but overdone in other spots as they destroy a whole city that Superman is trying to save when they are fighting.

While it's not on the same level as Batman, Iron Man or other Avengers character movies, it is still worth seeing and entertaining.

Back